Arg! Pavona got stung by paly...

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, so my pavona got rolled over by a snail and landed on my Arctic Ice Palys. Did they sting him or were they eating him? Also, I thought the pavonas and leptos were supposed to be semi aggressive and zoas/palys we're supposed to be more passive. I guess they're passive aggressive? ;)

IMG_20210420_175449677~2.jpg

It looks like skeleton to me...

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so my pavona got rolled over by a snail and landed on my Arctic Ice Palys. Did they sting him or were they eating him? Also, I thought the pavonas and leptos were supposed to be semi aggressive and zoas/palys we're supposed to be more passive. I guess they're passive aggressive? ;)

IMG_20210420_175449677~2.jpg

It looks like skeleton to me...
I think palys would release a toxin rather than sting. I have them surrounding a jf outer space psammocora and they don't bother it, but I'm sure it's inhibiting it's growth so I will be moving it soon. Palys just need an island to themselves they multiply too fast.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think palys would release a toxin rather than sting. I have them surrounding a jf outer space psammocora and they don't bother it, but I'm sure it's inhibiting it's growth so I will be moving it soon. Palys just need an island to themselves they multiply too fast.
Yeah, they're on the sandbed but my stupid snail pushed my pavona and he fell into them. I'm pretty sure he'll recover, I hope, but it stinks to see the skeleton where it was so beautiful and green...

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pavona's are usually the one's stinging everyone else nearby. The polyps were probably just preemptively striking.

It'll recover. Like polyps, Pavona's are pretty much indestructible.

Back