OP
ThatPhillyReefer

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks very similar to my no name anemone. Any difference?
it’s really hard to tell sometimes. I am not a anemone expert by any means nor know all everything.

I bet if you put that picture on the anemone forum you will get some answers

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I h
How does it vary from being a rainbow?

I have 2 types of rainbows and what I think is an AZ sunburst I just got from someone N. of Seattle. It looks almost identical to the Seattle sunburst I had, only more bubbled like the one in this post. The Seattle sunburst I had never bubbled its tips, which was ok. I made the mistake of putting the Seattle sunburst in with the RBTAs and the RBTAs killed it. The main difference is that the sunburst anemones are dark cherry red under the orange "speckles", whereas the RBTAs are just green. But its hard to tell if they are not fully inflated and under good lighting. Even then you have to be close to appreciate it. I have seen pictures of the CO sunburst and I think its one of the few that are noticeably different than other sunbursts.

Last edited:

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks very similar to my no name anemone. Any difference?

You really should give your nems names. Bob will do if you cant think of anything. Your nem is nice whatever it is. Here is a picture for comparison. Top to bottom: RBTA, Seattle sunburst, black widow. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! They fought to the death. All 5 RBTAs survived, but the black widow and Seattle sunburst died.

20210112_142629.jpg

Last edited:

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a comparison of the Seattle sunburst and AZ sunburst (I'm not positive it's AZ, I think the seller said it is). I no longer have the Seattle one, but I wish I did. It was unique enough. It had longer, more whimsical tentacles. (yes, whimsical is a scientific term used by marine biologists)

20210104_175640.jpg
20210619_235859.jpg

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting.. my clowns didn’t seem to mind the giant screen in front of the tank lol they were captive bred oscellarus clowns so I figured they needed some help on what to do

Does that mean I have to download 8 hours of clown **** if I want to teach them how to spawn?

Back