Rating - 0%
0   0   0

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice find! This was actually posted a little while ago (The CBS article describing the same study). You can check out the discussion here:

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting brown corals are healthy corals and colourful corals are stressed corals. No wonder u can’t get them to colour up :rolleyes:

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some corals also toss their symbiotic algae to adapt a lower or higher metabolic algae or clade group if environmental conditions dictate it.

Heres a pic of a common german blue digi in one of my tanks. This coral was stark white after a zinc penny fell in the tank a few months ago, but has recovered. Under medium light this coral can be a dull green or brown and not very remarkable. Smash them with light though and stable water conditions and they turn an indigo color with metallic white polyps. I wouldn't call the coral stressed, but the color response is obviously sunscreen.

20200604_165156.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back