Votes: 51 41.1%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
**THIS WILL NOT BE MANDATORY IF WE DECIDE TO DO IT, IT WILL BE OPTIONAL AND BE AN UPGRADE**

With all the scamming that goes on online what do you think about us providing a member upgrade where you could get verified so that people would be a little more comfortable when buying and selling with you and others?

You can see the Blue Verified check next to my user name now. There would also be a list of verified members you could view here: https://www.reef2reef.com/verified/

This would be optional for you the member. You absolutely do not have to get verified to trade or sell. There would also be a very small yearly fee to get verified. Since we would have a third party verification company verifying you, there are fees associated with that.

As a buyer would you feel better buying and trading with a "verified member?"

Let me know your thoughts.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Define small fee please...:)

Not sure yet. I have been looking at the process and what it costs and have an idea but hesitate to say until I know.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not if you can simply pay to be verified. I'd be way more interested in a verification system that either leads to guarantees or at the very least, is vetted by number of sales or something. Like, 5 successful sales with no complaints makes you eligible to be verified or something similar. Scammers will just pay to be verified and dupe even more people who think it's a safe transaction because of the check mark.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not if you can simply pay to be verified. I'd be way more interested in a verification system that either leads to guarantees or at the very least, is vetted by number of sales or something. Like, 5 successful sales with no complaints makes you eligible to be verified or something similar. Scammers will just pay to be verified and dupe even more people who think it's a safe transaction because of the check mark.

Hey that's the plan. I noted in my initial post that we would use a third party company for the verification process. This would be a company that specializes in verifying people.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like Twitter? I pay $8 and I get a blue check mark?

Why not have mandatory feedback? People leave feedback and do not receive it in return. It looks like they have never had any transactions (positive or negative).

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey that's the plan. I noted in my initial post that we would use a third party company for the verification process. This would be a company that specializes in verifying people.
Then it depends on what the verification process is, the only gateway presented thus far was the fee. Does the verification service simply verify if you are a real person and not a bot or will it somehow someway know if you are a real person who wants to scam others? I don't see how it would differentiate them.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**THIS WILL NOT BE MANDATORY IF WE DECIDE TO DO IT, IT WILL BE OPTIONAL AND BE AN UPGRADE**

With all the scamming that goes on online what do you think about us providing a member upgrade where you could get verified so that people would be a little more comfortable when buying and selling with you and others?

You can see the Blue Verified check next to my user name now. There would also be a list of verified members you could view here: https://www.reef2reef.com/verified/

This would be optional for you the member. You absolutely do not have to get verified to trade or sell. There would also be a very small yearly fee to get verified. Since we would have a third party verification company verifying you, there are fees associated with that.

As a buyer would you feel better buying and trading with a "verified member?"

Let me know your thoughts.
This is a great idea and a way to protect buyers. I 100% would concentrate on verified members first then take my chances on others if the product was really a necessity. The benefit would out weigh any small verification fee.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This person is a real scammer and not a bot scammer?

Honestly the check mark wouldn't mean anything to me if doing a trade/sale with them. Even if you gave me their name and address, it's still hard to do anything legally about it.

Isn't there already a verified paypal process? Which already verifies their bank account. So if a person wants to only use verified people, they could just accept only verified paypal accounts.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If a deal with a verified seller/buyer goes south reef2reef is providing protection?

No. This is just for another added layer of protection.

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other social media sites are struggling with this. How is the verification performed? Is it simply paying 8$ a month to get a checkmark, or is there some identity and selling history verification involved? I buy through R2R using PayPal and have never had an issue. I think I'd prefer to rely on my own evaluation of the seller when considering a purchase. Additionally, I don't sell much on R2R so the marketing advantage doesn't interest me.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It didn't work for twitter, they had verified fake accounts
I'm not sure how twitter verified people. I know the facebook verification for business was nothing like proving your identity etc.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So like Twitter? I pay $8 and I get a blue check mark?

Why not have mandatory feedback? People leave feedback and do not receive it in return. It looks like they have never had any transactions (positive or negative).
I'm also looking into a better feedback system now!

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wait. . . a 3rd party would do the vetting? Like performing a background check? Verifying that you are real flesh and blood, not a bot?

I was thinking like X amount of time on the platform, X amount of posts (this would require verification to ensure posts aren't just "cool tank"), and X amount of other users who are willing to vouch for/give a positive review. . .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I dont believe a fee constitutes trusted or verified but rather Credibility as to past history, time as a member, as examples. I can say since 2013, I have had 1, maybe two persons who burned me but through this process you generally get smarter to who you are buying from.
For starters, when one buys an item, they need to take the less than 2 minutes required and leave feedback.

Back