Votes: 51 41.1%

• Total voters

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue check marks kind of strain the eyes on the threads screen in dark mode.

maybe it is my eyes

1674139746194.png

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
We don't want your private information. BUT that does bring up an interesting point and idea. I guess we could allow someone to apply for verification and it all be based on your activity and how many good deals you've made on our forum. Hmmm. Great thinking.
This is a much better idea than the one originally proposed.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After watching some of this and seeing the new ratings added under each user, I'd have to say that I don't like either a verified check or a rating system on all users.
Is there any way to keep this sort of system (whatever it be) limited only to buying/selling forums specifically?
Moved the rating display to just show in the marketplace forums and private messages where the buying and selling takes place.
The blue check marks kind of strain the eyes on the threads screen in dark mode.

maybe it is my eyes

1674139746194.png

It’s not you at all! Ha! They are ugly and IF we decide to use them in some way they will be reduced in size and the color will be optimized.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ll actually try to get that done today so while we decide it won’t be a nuisance to you or anyone else.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a seller I can't count how many times I've agreed to a deal only to have the buyer back out without any communication. I think buyers should be verified too. Not cool when members here bail once they've agreed to make a purchase.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a seller I can't count how many times I've agreed to a deal only to have the buyer back out without any communication. I think buyers should be verified too. Not cool when members here bail once they've agreed to make a purchase.
No one will be required to be verified. That being said we need to add some rules for buying and selling that if you back out of a deal then you are open to having bad feedback left for you.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it would be a PITA to verify. I just thought I would share the other side of this issue. It happens alot. Sellers here for the most part have good intentions. Sending out payment information to someone once a deal has been made only to get nothing is a bit risky.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is nothing but a cash grab. PayPal already offers all of the purchase protections needed to prevent yourself being scammed here. Will reef2reef be reimbursing those that do get potentially scammed by someone 'site verified', @revhtree ? If not, what exactly do you hope to add to the equation, besides another bill?

I understand that's how you see it but this is how I look at it as a forum owner in a very small nutshell.

The marketplace forums are a huge source of traffic for our community. Always has been. Peer to peer commerce is also very good for our industry. If we can add more tools to this marketplace, make people more comfortable using it, keep less people from getting ripped off, then we can attract even more members to the community. As far as the small fee goes, well, it takes revenue to keep getting better, improving, innovating, paying people to develop tools etc. R2R will always be free for you to use and you will always have a choice to pay for upgrades or not.

Thanks.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The marketplace forums are a huge source of traffic for our community. Always has been. Peer to peer commerce is also very good for our industry. If we can add more tools to this marketplace, make people more comfortable

Thanks.
But you have to be careful you don't clutter it up with unnecessary gadgets.

Item
Price
Picture
PayPal Goods or Services only
Feedback.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But you have to be careful you don't clutter it up with unnecessary gadgets.

Item
Price
Picture
PayPal Goods or Services only
Feedback.

Very true and it is a balance!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is similar to what I said you said it better though in post #84
Already got them moved off the regular thread list and working on the design now for when we decide what to do with them.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got the color and size adjusted a little.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
still think the check mark is ... i don't know ... not friendly and family ,too much facetwitbooktoc thingy...
badge idea much better... ;)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
still think the check mark is ... i don't know ... not friendly and family ,too much facetwitbooktoc thingy...

Yes I kinda agree but this was just to get it looking decent enough until we decide what to do. HA!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If something in this order needs to be done ( IDK) maybe the badge is the lesser of the 2

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back