Votes: 73 58.9%
  • NO

Votes: 51 41.1%

• Total voters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s voluntary to get. If you don’t get doesn’t that make a seller look shady because their not verified? Just seems wrong.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s voluntary to get. If you don’t get doesn’t that make a seller look shady because their not verified? Just seems wrong.

I won't look at an unverified seller and automatically assume scammer just as I wouldn't look at a brand new ebay seller and assume it's a scammer. You have to start somewhere.

102ttran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the best way to verify a seller is based on their feedback from real buyers. Instead of paying a small fee any seller can pay to get verify and transaction can still goes south if they decide to ditch out.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is his profile picture a verified check mark ?

C7E6F6A8-5583-47D7-BE4E-E44BD563CD44.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t own the check mark.
So you’re trying to signify you are a verified seller without actually being a verified seller?

That’s an instant red flag for me, sir.

And they own the forum, so they can choose what happens to people who tries to be a “phony.”

This doesn’t sit right with me. I could be wrong though. Maybe I’m just overreacting.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you’re trying to signify you are a verified seller without actually being a verified seller?

And they own the forum, so they can choose what happens to people who tries to “fraud.”

This doesn’t sit right with me. I could be wrong though. Maybe I’m just overreacting.
I’m not a seller.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why is his profile picture a verified check mark ?

C7E6F6A8-5583-47D7-BE4E-E44BD563CD44.jpeg
I'm pretty sure it's just a joke. That's how I took it anyway. I thought it was pretty witty in light of the current conversation. :) We won't end up using the check mark anyway.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paying for verification does not make me feel better about buying from someone. We already use paypal and other protected payment options. Introducing a more or less pay to win process will make me question the seller more than not having one. Buyer feedback is more important than a verification that just says you are real vs a quality seller.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And they own the forum, so they can choose what happens to people who tries to be a “phony.”

Your thinking too hard over this. Srsly.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whether it is or not, that's a hard line to cross... You come off as OK with that when MANY of say no thanks.
No I said I didn’t agree with it I never said I liked the idea of it and especially not on a platform like this. My statement was simply that it wasn’t illegal for a platform to ask for ID.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@revhtree ,still thinking 3rd party or internal reviews ?
rough idea on charge ,or none at all ??
still vote badges...

May be off topic , but this is an idea thread ...
Can i suggest a custom ordered family friendly badge for a small fee ?"color and saying only"
limit 1 per person only
black ,blue,red off limits... ;) :)
Just Saying Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Lord of Everything"

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back