Ask Nano Questions and Find Information (Nano Expert Albert Thiel)

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Albert, I am looking forward to your book. In the meantime I have a flow question. I have a biocube 14 and have used a hydor nano off and on for the past year. It seems when I use it I get a Dino algae. Within a week of shutting it off there gone. And they appear in the higher flow areas. Recently I had not used the pump for 3 months and the tank was doing great. For some reason I convinced myself I needed more flow then the stock pump so I turned it back on. Sure enough, within a few days I have Dino's again.
Any ideas as to why?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Albert, I am looking forward to your book. In the meantime I have a flow question. I have a biocube 14 and have used a hydor nano off and on for the past year. It seems when I use it I get a Dino algae. Within a week of shutting it off there gone. And they appear in the higher flow areas. Recently I had not used the pump for 3 months and the tank was doing great. For some reason I convinced myself I needed more flow then the stock pump so I turned it back on. Sure enough, within a few days I have Dino's again.
Any ideas as to why?

Is this happening in always the same area ... is it in a corner or whereabouts is this happening if I amy ask.
Thanks

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas as to why?

When your pump is running is it stirring up sand or aimed directly at a piece of LR or when it first starts up do you see a lot of detritus going into the water column ?

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the summation of what "Curvball" on the NanoReefBlog.com (UK) stated:

"Without a doubt, Nano Reef Aquariums is set to become the most important bit of literature for our niche within the reefkeeping. Make sure you save (a large) space for it on your bookshelf"

Last edited:

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only a few hours left folks. today is the last day( i think). Im gonna have to grab my copy here in a few minutes. anybody else swoop on this??

Thanks .... just click on the image in my signature for ordering info .... and yes tomorrow the price goes up to $30 + shipping ... today it is still 27.50 ...

Appreciate the support

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From ReefBuilders ... a Great site to find the Latest Information on what is going on in the Hobby by Jake Adams ... who has been in the Hobby since the early 90's and "really Knows His Stuff" if I can call it that way. Thanks Jake for all your contributions.

This link is to Photosynthetic Gorgonians

Photosynthetic Gorgonians for the Home Aquaria

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pre-publication price for my new Book Nano-Reef Aquariums will expire on 3/28 and I will not be selling directly any longer ... as soon as the books are in and they are expected on 3/29 sales will have to be from Sponsors on this forum or other distributors at the retail price, so if you want to book and the freebies at $30 + shipping order before 3/28 as what you are getting for 30.00 is at about 1/4 of the value of what the normal price is. Thanks for the support of those who have ordered already.

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait.
I just got the confirmation from the printer that they are running the large batch today and that it takes about 4-5 days from start to completion ... (printing, drying because of all the color pages, assembling the signature (there are 14 of 32 pages each), then cutting to 6 x 9 size, assembling the cut signatures, pre-binding and final binding ... so I will have the books on the 30th late in the day, and will go pick them up (135 miles RT) and since the 30th is a Saturday, and since I will be back late, shipping will start on the 1st, and preparing the books for shipping will start on Saturday late and continue on Sunday so I can bring a good batch on Monday and another one on Tuesday and the last batch on Wednesday to the post office. I also have a number that need to go out to foreign countries and a large shipment to the UK that will go in several 50 pounds boxes.

At this point that is the update and I will post another one on the 30th when I "have" the books ...

So anyone who still wants to order at the low $30 rate and get the free newsletter for 1 year (25 issues), and an e-version after that, you should order today or tomorrow the latest before the pre-publication price expires and at which time the price goes up to $ 69.99 ... and no e-version for free.

Thank you all for your patience ... it has been as nerve-wrecking for me as it has been for some of you I am sure ... THANKS !

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered one but I may order another one because I want to read it twice. :clap2:

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered one but I may order another one because I want to read it twice. :clap2:

As many as you want Paul ... I will have plenty in a few days ... but then with your tank you may only need to read it once :-o and if you have some suggestions for the second printing do let me know so I can add that info as well .. more on Blackworms and may RDSB's (real deep sand beds) :-o

Seems like in Europe that is the new thing Real Deep ... trying to get more info on success rates but no ones seems to want to stand up and give straight forward answers ... :-o

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Albert I don't like to let all the secrets out about reverse UG filters or more importantly, blackworms. If everyone knew, what would people write about because there would be no more disease threads, so don't tell anyone.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back