Assigning a magnetic stirrer to a switch port

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I would like to configure my magnetic stirrer to a switch port, then use a timer to trigger the Switch port to stir at given times of the day (these will be a few minutes before a schedule for a head on a Doser v1). All the heads on my Doser 2 are used so I can't just use the built in functions for Profilux (3).

My stirrer is plugged into port 5 and works if I manually override it (as per below).

1585043446562.png

However when I associate it to a Switch port (config below) and manually switch the port on the stirrer does not stir.

1585043560042.png

I am assuming by switching on "switch channel 1" (as noted above) it should run the stirrer plugged into Doser head 5 (as per 1st picture).

Am I missing something?

As a second and separate question, if I enable to "automatic stir" as per below (4 cycles of 60 seconds) how do I know what time these will trigger at (so I can watch and ensure it is actually working)

1585043702880.png

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have to activate it on the MAGNETIC STIRRER page, not the SWITCH CHANNEL page.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I *thought* you could associate the stirrer to a switch channel, then control it via that switch channel

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the Gen1 doser is connected to and being controlled by the ProfiLux, why not assign the stirrer to react according to the dosing pump that pulls from your phyto container?

Since you say the stirrer is connected to port #5 on the 2nd D2.0, you would have to choose Magnetic Stirrer #5 and set it to react to the phyto dosing pump. For example, if this pump was assigned as pump # 9, you would choose stirrer #5 and set it to react to Dosing channel 9.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the Gen1 doser is connected to and being controlled by the ProfiLux, why not assign the stirrer to react according to the dosing pump that pulls from your phyto container?

Since you say the stirrer is connected to port #5 on the 2nd D2.0, you would have to choose Magnetic Stirrer #5 and set it to react to the phyto dosing pump. For example, if this pump was assigned as pump # 9, you would choose stirrer #5 and set it to react to Dosing channel 9.
Thanks @Vinny@GHLUSA - I was unaware you could have the stirrer react to a different doser's pump number. I have a Doser (Dosing pump #1-4) and the Stirrer is connected to my other Dosing unit (Doser 2.0 SA) - connection 1 (which is Dosing Pump #5).

I'll try and figure it out tonight - Thanks

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it is possible. :)

Here's the how-to video for Magnetic Stirrer setup:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back