at least 2 weeks and CYANO IS STILL THERE!!!!

FishGuyTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use Chemiclean! I service aquariums for a living and it seems like the spring and fall, for whatever reason, are the times my client's tanks get cyano blooms. I would also consider the life of your bulbs and would recommend changing them every 6 months. The Chemiclean treatment is very easy to do and harmless for corals and inverts. I've tried for months to treat cyano with out chemical aid and now I will not use anything else.

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use Chemiclean! I service aquariums for a living and it seems like the spring and fall, for whatever reason, are the times my client's tanks get cyano blooms. I would also consider the life of your bulbs and would recommend changing them every 6 months. The Chemiclean treatment is very easy to do and harmless for corals and inverts. I've tried for months to treat cyano with out chemical aid and now I will not use anything else.

Interesting post. I'd be courious to see how many people have this same issue in the spring and fall. I have a very advanced system, Mixed Reef, LED's, Co2 scrubber, Ca reactor, Kalk stirrer, Tunze ATO, MP40s, Tunze 6105's, skimmer, bio pellet reactor, degas chamber for Ca reactor, fuge, carbon/gfo reactor, Mg dosing pump, reverse lighting, you get the idea. I still see some cyano. I have used chem clean and have had good results and it's the only way I've been able to rid the system of cyano.

Tank2379

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hesrightyouknow_zps0aae3f05.jpg

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use it, be sure to remove as much cyano manually as possible and maintain aeration. That will mitigate the issues around toxins from the dead cyano and O2 depletion from all the released organics.

Just as a final caution...there are a significant number of people who have had issues with Chemiclean. It is not always as simple as mentioned above.

Tank2379

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done Chemiclean a few times now, haven't had any issues. The best thing to do is Wet skim it all out once the treatment is done, while replacing it with new salt mixed, keep repeating the process until your skimmer stops acting funny then do another 20% water change. I have yet to have issues with the 3 treatments I have done on a full mixed reef and frag system- But this is just my experience

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 76 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back