At R2R you’re my brother, you’re my sister...

Do you look at R2R as more of a community or just a forum?

• More of a community....

Votes: 338 67.6%
  • More of a forum....

Votes: 162 32.4%

• Total voters

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am very thankful for this community too. R2R surpassed a forum a long time ago. This is definitely a family. I know for a fact only the people know the ups and downs I go thru with my tank people on my job can't relate.
I know I can always count on my R2R peeps to understand and get me thru whatever. :) Please check out my build thread.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-deezill-reef-150-xtra-high.559728/

PEP12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could not agree more I spend time every day going through the forums, I have learnt so much by doing this, if you ask for help there is always someone who replies to help you out, absolutely amazing site to be a part of even though I am on the other side of the pond UK.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
We are a family in a community of reef aquarist who collaborate and seek opinions with diligence, respect and appreciation.
We laugh together, share opinions and even debate but do it respectfully and admit to our differences without judging others.

THIS IS WHAT MAKES R2R THE GREAT SITE IT IS !!!!!

yes-we-are-family-and-friends.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have said this before, but R2R really is my church. The example of kindness and spirit set here by users is inspiring every day. It still amazes me that I could actually meet people online and not be able to imagine my life without them.

Thanks Rev!

Fishboy42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the things that separates R2R from other forums I have been apart of is that it feels like it is a big community trying to help each other and figure out the puzzle that is reefing as a group, rather than individuals sharing knowledge.

Thanks @revhtree for setting it up and helping establish that culture!

This and this ^
Thanks AquaPJ and Rev
None of us know everything, but we're all seeking to learn (and share) - R2R is an unusual and special place on the web, and I think the members know/treasure that.
I've had the pleasure of meeting many of the members here in-person at shows, conferences, swaps, at their homes, at my home, and at my business - and I look forward to seeing more in the future!

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I feel like I'm part of the family, and I hope others view me as such. I do my very best to treat others with care and respect.

I do agree with @Greybeard though. If there was a way to make it go beyond the forum or add anything to the forum to make it more like family, I'm all for it. I don't have much in the way of real family beyond my husband and my kids, so you're it!

Steve Elb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Members of Reef2Reef...
  • We embrace the idea that community and family are at the core of who we are.
  • We embrace the idea that everyone is to be treated with respect and dignity although at times we disagree strongly about certain issues or topics.
  • We embrace the idea that we are more than strangers creating posts in forum format rather we are a reefing family with a common interest here to learn, teach and enjoy saltwater aquariums together.
As a member of R2R you are my brother and you are my sister and I will treat you as so.

- revhtree

PS. Feel free to sign this thread with your post if you’re in agreement.

we are family giveaway.jpg
Very much so!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back