At R2R you’re my brother, you’re my sister...

Do you look at R2R as more of a community or just a forum?

• More of a community....

Votes: 338 67.6%
  • More of a forum....

Votes: 162 32.4%

• Total voters

2CC's

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • We embrace the idea that community and family are at the core of who we are.
  • We embrace the idea that everyone is to be treated with respect and dignity although at times we disagree strongly about certain issues or topics.
  • We embrace the idea that we are more than strangers creating posts in forum format rather we are a reefing family with a common interest here to learn, teach and enjoy saltwater aquariums together.
As a member of R2R you are my brother and you are my sister and I will treat you as so.

I like those values - like this forum - both a lot...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Urbanknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It started out as a forum. All the interest, input, questions and answers brought reefers closer together much better that other forums have done in the past. Our ability to agree to disagree and doing so in a respectful fashion has brought us to the point of being a community and family. As has been pointed out, you can't choose your family. for some of our family, we take them with a grain of salt and move on. There is something to be said by @Greybeard's post. It's time to take it to the next level, meet, greet, and press palms. Suggestions offered of meeting for breakfast/lunch at one of the National events are good. Because a number of our membership do no attend these types of events, here is another suggestion. Perhaps @revhtree and crew could coordinate an event sponsored by local clubs in different parts of the country for our R2R family. In any case, this is my reefing home! I don't even participate in reefing forums other than R2R and my local club. If I need answers to questions, I know without fail, I will find them here. Simply said, our community rocks!

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree

I came on here almost a year ago knowing full well "this is just another forum and I will be bashed and criticized of what I have and the equipment that I have and some problems that I was having."

But that was not the case!! I don't even remember my first post but I know I had 10 + replies within an hour and the folks here made me feel at home and this is the first time ever that I felt as if I had a family online there is no bickering no nothing on here.

I quickly found out that the people helping me Had thousands upon thousands of dollars invested into their system but made no negative comments at my $900 set up.

And if they felt that I needed something better than what I had they didn't bash me they just said well I have this and it does this this this but if you have a limited budget this will work almost as well as what I've got but definitely better than what you have...

So to say the least I consider this forum a big huge part of my extended family.

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly, for a while, I was beginning to wonder.

Then, I started talking to a few folks here who, not only changed my mind, but, helped to pull me out of a "reef depression" I had gotten into and get me excited about reefing again.

@Katrina71 @Captain Quint @Flippers4pups @crusso1993 @acesfull44 @Manose You all are amazing people and have become friends that I needed. There are many more who are fantastic as well.

@actik I sure hope you keep on growing in this hobby. I think you seeking me out for advice and learning from what I can tell you really helped as well.

So, yes, now I feel like this place is a family again.!

Thank you very much for the kind words! Much appreciated.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Forgot about this thread!

Thanks for all the confirmation! :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back