At the european people, what aquarium controllers/computers do you use?

Phtevenw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby and looking into aquarium computers and controllers. I only see APEX, APEX, APEX and have no clue what people in Europe use, because I looked up buying an APEX in europe but thats sounds kinda impossible.

It would love to test as much as possible digital and like the idea of the most important parameters on my phone, with alarms and so on.
So it would be intresting to see what you guys use in your Reef tank.

greets

nagreen8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The profilux I hear is a great controller. The reason I went with apex I hear the programming is easier and the community of apex users reallllly helped. Including the last user suncrestreef. However I’m located in the US. I think the ghl is from Germany if I remember correctly so either way ur gonna wait a bit for any repairs etc. there are excellent resources and forums for pre sales questions with the apex so u tell us what ur trying to do and we’ll tell u what ur gonna need so u can buy it all at once and not have something stupid like a cable u have to wait on.

OP
OP
P

Phtevenw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The GHL ProfiLux is very popular in Europe. There's a subforum here on R2R: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/ghl-advanced-technology.900/

thanks man, I'll look into it!

The profilux I hear is a great controller. The reason I went with apex I hear the programming is easier and the community of apex users reallllly helped. Including the last user suncrestreef. However I’m located in the US. I think the ghl is from Germany if I remember correctly so either way ur gonna wait a bit for any repairs etc. there are excellent resources and forums for pre sales questions with the apex so u tell us what ur trying to do and we’ll tell u what ur gonna need so u can buy it all at once and not have something stupid like a cable u have to wait on.

Yeah as I said, you find stuff all over the place about the apex. But in europe there isn't even a dealer which has the base model. They say so on there homepage but no...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be interesting to know actual numbers, but my assumption has always been that apex outsells GHL in North America and GHL outsells apex in a Europe. Support community here in NA is far better for apex; imagine the inverse is true in E.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be interesting to know actual numbers, but my assumption has always been that apex outsells GHL in North America and GHL outsells apex in a Europe. Support community here in NA is far better for apex; imagine the inverse is true in E.

Europe has a very mixed market between GHL, Aquatronica and Neptune. I suspect that GHL is the biggest player but that is mainly because in the last three years Aquatronica has taken it's gaze away from Home Aquariums and invested more into the commercial Aquaculture and Agriculture markets.

My understanding is that Europeans as a whole are not as much into automation as Americans. They like a more hands on approach, so sales over there are never going to be like they are in the USA.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that Europeans as a whole are not as much into automation as Americans. They like a more hands on approach, so sales over there are never going to be like they are in the USA.

Could be. Probably the Germans are more into automation, everybody else less LOL.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex here and I’m in Scotland. We sell them too. Let me know if you need help obtaining one. Only issue is we only get the old energy bar (the black one)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back