OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let the record reflect I cannot help but insert my own commentary into the poll thereby negatively affecting its validity. he he its still the only one we got

need a better statistician to help out, not joking lol. Im glad for anyone's vote no matter if its been affected by my rantings one way or another, click what we feel is valid based on experience.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let the record reflect I cannot help but insert my own commentary into the poll thereby negatively affecting its validity. he he its still the only one we got

need a better statistician to help out, not joking lol. Im glad for anyone's vote no matter if its been affected by my rantings one way or another, click what we feel is valid based on experience.
I love this lol

Bias can weigh very heavily in surveys and questionnaires. I likely have the knowledge to do this but its buried in the hundred of stupid zoathid coral names in my memory. I set a reminder for next week to develop an unbiased poll if rev hasn't gotten to it. Very curious now lol

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought of a neat anecdotal truth meter for our pollees. Right now as the help posts exist in this forum on page one, Im going to count them and go list how old I think their tank is based on things they wrote or put in a build log.

and if that ratio isnt about 46% ima be mad but still happy for any votes. there better not be 80% of em voting me no disease and being under 8 mos old. brb eighteen minutes of click detective and light excel typing.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
17 help threads exist other than this one on page one. we now have the base divisor

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 of the first 8 help thread posts here are under 8 mos, you can tell by clicking the post history of the poster and seeing when they introduced the tank. 63% rounded up incidence at under 8 mos and Im not done enumerating yet.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's final data. Im darn sure, even with a rough approach, that if you set up a reef tank without disease preps you're darn sure more likely than not to lose fish or wind up posting here, my poll seems to be a bit shy of what we can directly count out front. nice balancer here, the data:

1/under 8 mos
2/over eight mos
3/under 8 mos
4/uner 8 mos
5/under 8 mos
6/old thread bump invalid thread to count
7/under 8 mos
8/unable to date
9/unable to date
10/under 8 mos
11/under 8 mos
12/ under 8 mos
13/ under 8 mos
14/older than 8 mos
15/older than 8 mos
16/older than 8 mos

*one of those cannot be proven as disease, a wonky single operculum could be an inherited trait too or physical damage so we're making only 12 scorable entries from page 1 here.

8 had disease and were stated to be under 8 mos old
66% emergence rate for new tanks just on page one.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back