At what point do you lose composure?

Jennifier615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently purchased an item through the selling forum. I paid for said item on Monday. Dude still hasn't shipped it and I have burnt four days of vacation waiting for it! All because it cost an extra 13 dollars to ship! How many of you would have paid the extra shipping cost out of the proceeds of said item and asked for a reimbursement after the fact due to error in calculation just to save face and get the buyer their said item on time?

Just asking a personal opinion cause I am a nice lady.....but I am really out of patience today.
Lol

For those of you reefers about to "rock"- we salute you ;)

Last edited:

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on Viva's remark. Also, why did you take vacation if it hadn't shipped?

CJ

OP
OP
Jennifier615

Jennifier615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't take vacation I postponed it cause he said it would take 2 days to ship.....he waited 4 before he took it to ship then found out he was short on shipping costs then when I said I wasn't getting into him any more money till I had a tracking number he got mad at me and accused me of being rude and refunded my money.

(thats fine at least i was lucky and got my money back)

So now I am in the market for a good light fixture to put over a solana tank
I would prefer a mh/t5 combo light.

Last edited:

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did he calculate the shipping charges/estimate the shipping charges in the first place? It's totally on him. That's a poor seller, and the refund plus the extra days to ship make that point clear. It's possible he was even trying to get more money off the sale. You never know. Either way it was handled poorly.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree.. if he had been paid for shipping in the first place, he should eat any extra shipping charges. im sure you used paypal. he likely transfered it to his account and waited for that before shipping. VERY POOR Seller in my opinion. sorry you were on the poor end of it. I would have demanded a tracking number within 2 days or discount/refund. if no resolution, paypal would have heard it.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't take vacation I postponed it cause he said it would take 2 days to ship.....he waited 4 before he took it to ship then found out he was short on shipping costs then when I said I wasn't getting into him any more money till I had a tracking number he got mad at me and accused me of being rude and refunded my money.

(thats fine at least i was lucky and got my money back)

So now I am in the market for a good light fixture to put over a solana tank
I would prefer a mh/t5 combo light.

Based on that, I totally agree with you. Sorry about your vacation and your experience.

CJ

Reef lvr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sold an item and usps quoated me a price, thats what i went by. long story short instead of 40 it was 75 to this area, i already took payment so i ate it and pretty much gave the coral away! You should have not had issues over $13... Gl

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that sucks.

Go LEDs on the tank. You'll pay about the same on a reefkoi type of fixture. And save money in the long run with bulbs and so on. Just my 2cents

MVlk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stinks on the shipping issue. That is why I always try local and avoid distance purchases. Seems like there is always a horror story.

I have a NEP Pro I used to have over my Solana available. Has 6 newish bulbs with ~3months use on them. Has already been changed to use the new ATI bulbs rather than the crappy Current ones. Includes some new spares as well as the original Current bulbs. Just needs legs or hanging kit. Looking for $75.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that sucks. That guy sounds like a n00b to me. I personally don't even try to charge actual shipping. I usually mark my stuff up $10 or $15 (for hardware) and just pay whatever it costs to ship it. If its actually $10, great. If its $25, that sucks but I eat the cost. That guy just doesn't understand selling IMO. I also ship the next time I can (unless I'm shipping probes to Bart that I keep forgetting to pack up... :D ). With my Viper and Tunze I just sold, I shipped them same day and provided tracking. Some people just suck to deal with.

Brandon

OP
OP
Jennifier615

Jennifier615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not in the business of bad mouthing people but beware he still has some items for sale or trade on the sale/trade forum.

For those of you reefers about to "rock"- we salute you ;)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back