Ati 8 bulb kicking out bulbs quickly

t5Nitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Set up my ATI 8 bulb unit a week or two ago. The fixture has burned through 2 blue plus bulbs already in different sockets. Bought new from premium aquatics. You think its the fixture or poor bulbs to start?

20201127_183954.jpg

WIReefer

Taking it day by day
View Badges
Reaction score
If you burned threw two in different sockets I would say it’s the fixture. Have you contacted where you bought it from? ATI is a very good company to deal with as well.

lyscer

View Badges
Reaction score
Agree %100. I think it may be a ballast issue in the fixture. If you contact the auto support they are fantastic to deal with and can help you troubleshoot it

OP
T

t5Nitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds good guys, thanks. I can't get channel 1 to turn the bulbs on at all. Fan is on, bulbs do not light. I double checked to make sure the settings were correct when I got home.

10:00 ON
10:01 100%
20:00 100%
20:00 OFF

No lights. Tried to turn them to ON via manual mode. No lights. Tried a factory setting reset, still no light. I think it's shot. It arrived with a dent to the front right of the fixture at the site of the controller. I wonder if that impacted it at all. I will send ATI a message and see what they can do. I'm not up to replacing ballasts on a fixture that's been running for 1-2 weeks. Bummer.

LOVEROCK

View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds good guys, thanks. I can't get channel 1 to turn the bulbs on at all. Fan is on, bulbs do not light. I double checked to make sure the settings were correct when I got home.

10:00 ON
10:01 100%
20:00 100%
20:00 OFF

No lights. Tried to turn them to ON via manual mode. No lights. Tried a factory setting reset, still no light. I think it's shot. It arrived with a dent to the front right of the fixture at the site of the controller. I wonder if that impacted it at all. I will send ATI a message and see what they can do. I'm not up to replacing ballasts on a fixture that's been running for 1-2 weeks. Bummer.
replacing ballast is pretty simple thing to do

Lucas in Alaska

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Email ATI first. If you need to change the ballast it is amazingly easy to take it apart. Changing out the ballast is super easy too. ATI is an awesome company with an awesome product. I love my Dimmable SunPower.

Do you utilize the weekends for tank tasks?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 257 62.7%
  • NO

Votes: 31 7.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 115 28.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Orphek OR3 Reef Aquarium LED Lighting