ATI blue plus + daylight led bars

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an ATI 6 bulb t 5 fixture and was thinking of doing 6 blue plus and 2 white daylight led bars.I know people usually do the other way around with 2 actinic bars but I love those blue plus bulbs but don't want to totally wash things out,I'm thinking the white led bars will help with the flat t5 look and maybe add a little shimmer,any thought?.

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an ATI hybrid fixture with 2x blue plus, 1 actinic and 1 coral plus. Overall a very blue look. I run the LEDS at 40% with max white and I really like the combination. You get the coloration from the T5s with a nice clear/white look thanks to the LEDS. Like you said, the LEDS will add a bit of a shimmer as well. Personally I run a tiny bit of blue from the LEDS as well, it adds just that extra color pop in my opinion.

With my current setup I've got nice, deep colors without an extremely blue looking tank :)

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white LED bars will add shimmer, but you're running a lot of t5s. They will mute the shimmer for sure.

I'd recommend reef brite 50/50 bars (no disco effect), their daylight bars are pretty yellow.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%

Back