ATI death rattle.....how to revive?

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by Doran, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Doran

Doran Member

hi

My 8-bulb ati has been running with a reef bright xho. A few weeks ago the two build section died. Now the fans died as well. Can I get these quickly repaired or toss this light and start over?

I'm not too hopeful but maybe I can be surprised. Thanks
    (36")

IMG_4419.JPG

Tags:

2. Ligershark

Ligershark Active Member

Im not sure what the two build section is but check your connections down at the power supply box. This is a non dimmable version correct? Where are you located? I've taken many of them apart, we may be able to diagnose and fix this. I'd be interested in buying it off you fwiw.

Doran likes this.
  3. Doran

Doran Member

I am in OC. California. I have checked the connections at the box where it splits the feeds into two lines. Cannot see an issue. I suspect a ballast but have not taken light down as it’s still running my tank. Thanks for the reply

4. Pete1968

Pete1968 Active Member

Go on YouTube easy fix!

5. Ligershark

Ligershark Active Member

The fans are on their own power supply and their wires are independent of the ballasts.

Doran likes this.
  6. Doran

Doran Member

My 8-bulb ati has been running with a reef bright xho. A few weeks ago the two bulb section died. Now the fans died as well. Can I get these quickly repaired or toss this light and start over?

I'm not too hopeful but maybe I can be surprised. Thanks

**typos corrected.....

7. monkiboy

monkiboy Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

you have a sunpower. it is very easy to work on. slides right out. that being said. if two bulbs went out, likely one is bad and you need both to be good for both to work. maybe a bulb just went bad? try replacing with two working and make sure they are seated properly and test to make sure which bulb is bad. if not the bulb (bulbs work) then it's a ballast and it's super easy to swap, maybe ten minutes. youtube vids are helpful if you have never done it before. fan also swaps in less than five minutes. i definitely wouldn't toss. if you are determined to do so, i'd be happy to buy it off of you and pay shipping.

Doran likes this.
  8. Greenstreet.1

Greenstreet.1 Valuable Member

You will most likely have to change the ballast and get a new fan it is an easy fix happened to my 4 bulb ati before right now the new fan is not working thinking of getting a different fan cause these look like they die quick.

Doran likes this.
  9. firsttime

firsttime Well-Known Member

There are videos on YouTube that can help you open and also help diagnose. My dimmable unit had problems and I was able to fix it using the videos.

Also I reached out to ati and they gave suggestions and shipped parts. I was thinking of just getting rid of the fixtures but them wanted to try as experiment and my fix was a 12 dollar switch.

Give it a try and reach out to ati for guidance

Doran likes this.
  10. Doran

Doran Member

Ok....lights are all working. Fan just looks like the plug....a bit corroded. Thank you for the replies!

Ligershark, monkiboy and ndrwater like this.
  11. Ligershark

Ligershark Active Member

Good work. I knew the ballasts were fine when you said your issue was the fans. I have taken apart and modified these fixtures a few times.

[​IMG]

Doran likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted