ATI Essentials--can I make less diluted solutions?

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by PaulK, Feb 27, 2018.

1. PaulK

PaulK Member

Hi, I'm thinking about switching from the BRS three part to the ATI Essentials line. I had a question about mixing the solutions. I was wondering if instead of using the 1 liter concentrates to make 10 liters of solution, I could instead make double strength solutions by just using 1 liter of concentrate to make 5 liters of solution.

This would make it easier to store the solution. I know ATI feels that the more diluted solutions are better because of dosing errors, but I'm not worried about this. Aside from dosing errors is there any problem with making more concentrated solutions? Would anything precipitate? Or would it be okay?

One thing that's interesting is that if you make double strength solutions, the strength would be the same as the BRS solutions. The instructions say: "36 mL of ATI Essentials increases KH/alkalinity in 100 liters (26.4 gallons) of aquarium water by 1° KH." If my calculations are correct then this is half the strength of the BRS supplements (that is, dosing 18 mL of the BRS alkalinity mix would have the same effect on KH in that volume of water).

Tags:

2. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

The thing I would would be worried about in this is the saturation point, will the #1 and #2 fully disslove in only half the water? As it mixes it is equal to Randy's #2 Recipe so it's very easy to calculate the dose value need. http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

PaulK likes this.
  3. PaulK

PaulK Member

Yeah, that's what I was wondering--will it fully dissolve? I'm just asking because I don't have room under my stand for three 10 Liter containers but I could fit three 5 liter containers. I guess I could make half batches but it would be easier to just do it all at once.

4. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

Just buy the smaller kits, they make a 5 and 10lt kit.

Draft saved Draft deleted