ATI Essentials Growth Sample

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by ATI North America, Dec 7, 2017.

1. tonymacc

tonymacc Active Member

Good question, I'd also like to know if it would replace the Reef Energy A and B.

2. ATI North America

ATI North America Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

I do not know the Red Sea system well enough to identify specific portions of their product offering, but it appears the ATI Essentials replaces the Red Sea Foundations and Coral Coloration products.

3. hyprc

hyprc Active Member

Those are aminos and carbs. Pretty sure those are kept separate from most balling methods, no? B Requires refrigeration after opening...

4. italquam

italquam Active Member

What would be the best way to start with ATI essentials, I currently only have FOWLR but want to start raising corals and use ATI essentials.

Any help is appreciated

5. Greenstreet.1

Greenstreet.1 Valuable Member

I have ATI E also but haven’t put it online yet as I don’t have enough corals in my tank yet and I’m dealing with and algae problem. But I would say don’t start using it yet until you have something in the tank to use it up. Start adding your corals when your water changes no longer can keep up with your tank uptake start dosing ATI E.
    just an idea.

6. taikss

taikss Member

Not worried over nitrates? Asking 'cause i've got them at the same level and been thinking to wait and bring them down first and then start dosing, to be on the safe side and not blowing the whole thing up if it decides to go south from here on.

7. Leyth

Leyth Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

They went up to 25 since that post. I am trying to get them back to the 10-15 range. I'm pretty sure it's due to my heavy feedings so I have cut back and have been holding 25 for about a month now.

However, if yours is at 10, then I think that is ideal. Corals need nitrates and I think 5-10 is a perfect amount.

8. ATI North America

If you are battling nutrients I highly recommend dosing a carbon source such as vodka or vinegar. Its an extremely easy, cheap and natural way to reduce nutrients. Just make sure you have a solid skimmer when using this method. If you have an ATI DP6 it makes it even easier since you likely already have open pumps!

hyprc likes this.
  9. prhoades2

prhoades2 Member

Do you have any guidelines for those of us switching from Core 7 to ATI essentials as to dosing amounts? Lets say I'm dosing 21ml per 24hrs of core 7, about where should i start with yours?

10. ATI North America

Once you have diluted the Essentials as directed you´ve got to dose 7 times more of them as core7.

If you dose 21 ml of each core 7, you've got to dose 147 ml of each diluted ATI Essentials.

11. rglewis

rglewis Member

Ive got a question. Im a former Triton user, and just ordered my first ATI essentials kit. My question is referring to the small 100ml individual bottles of trace elements. Do you know if tge small bottles of Iodine, manganese etc are the same concentration between the two companies? I REALLY hate to ask, but Ive got some of the individual bottles left over and hate to trash them due to the cost. Just want to see if I can use tgem with dosing recommendations of the ATI ICP tests If you dont want to answer I understand.

Pelagic One likes this.
  12. Want2BS8ed

Want2BS8ed Active Member R2R Supporter

Excellent question. There are likely more than a few folks undergoing the same transition at the moment.

M

13. ATI North America

I don't have an answer to this at this time, but I can see if I can find out. I imagine both are probably near saturation, but I am guessing.

14. ATI North America

I heard back and I was incorrect. In the past a comparison on Iodine specifically was made and the ATI product was 2 times higher concentrated.

15. ATI North America

Updated photos! These are 1 month apart.
    Joels Tank Web-8.jpg 2nd Visit Joel's tank_web-6 (Large).jpg 3rd Visit_Full_Size_web-3 (Large).jpg

Pelagic One likes this.
  16. Greenstreet.1

Greenstreet.1 Valuable Member

You got to give me something harder than that

Pelagic One likes this.
  17. A_game43

A_game43 Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I got my ATI Essentials today and will start dosing this week on my 168g Rimless tank. Your 2 month results look really good - Keep us posted on progress ATI !!!

Draft saved Draft deleted