ATI Essentials: How much are you dosing?

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by Rakie, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I ask because while I love ATI products, I can't help but notice that this is an extremely diluted 2-part. I would much rather this be stronger so the dosing reservoirs don't need to be refilled as frequently.

@ATI North America @ATI Aquaristik

CoralNerd likes this.
    Tags:

2. Berlibee

Berlibee ReefHacks Team R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Build Thread Contributor

it's a very very personal question. In the manual it's saying "36 ml of ATI Essentials increases the KH-value of 100 litres (26g) of aquarium water by 1°KH."
    My system is around 53g. Daily consumption is 0.3 KH so I need around 10ml to rise it +0.3 daily. But I dose only 1 ml. a day and it keeps the levels on the same level.
    I have no idea how that, it's diluted to 9 liters like in the manual etc. It's just weird to adjust the levels one time it's really working like it should "36 ml of ATI Essentials increases the KH-value of 100 litres (26g) of aquarium water by 1°KH."
    But when it's daily dosing it's a totally different story I've checked 3 times .... for 9 days. Daily consumption is 0.3KH and only 1ml needed to keep it stable. But to bump it +1 instantly it's 10ml ....

magic ....

3. Berlibee

*Double Post*

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  4. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Interesting! I've got probably 40 gallons system volume, and I'm dosing 75ml #1, and 200ml #3 (my mag is getting used up extremely quickly)

5. Berlibee

My system is very new, so ALK is not used that fast. But Mg. is used faster as well.

6. CoralNerd

CoralNerd Well-Known Member

I just started dosing ATI and I'm at 300ml on a tank with actual water volume of 85g. I do have some mature sps colonies. I was dosing 126ml with ME Coral. I'm hoping 300ml is it as when I first started I had a much lower dosage and it brought my alk to 7.3...this morning it was 7.7 so hopefully it's going up.

7. Berlibee

Hmmm so your ALK consumption is 2.5 a day? :) such a hume number ...

8. Rakie

That's after a day of dosing 300ml, it finally turned around. He was dropping dkh rather quickly (he's a buddy in my local club, we've spoken about this)

9. ATI North America

ATI North America Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

One of our test tanks is roughly 250gal total system volume, tank is 175gal, 390ml currently being dosed. There is number of large SPS colonies, one roughly the size of a cantaloupe. There is also a 8-9" Derasa clam.

10. Berlibee

And what is your daily ALK consumption?

11. CoralNerd

I need a little help.
    Where do you recommend dosing the alk?

I used 150g and made a two litter solution. I understand some people add more to the mix to make a stronger product and dose less?

12. Berlibee

13. CoralNerd

Different dosage of Essentials # 1 and Essentials 2+3 is normal up to a deviation of 25%. If the deviations exceed 50% please contact us.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  14. ATI North America

I would not recommend diviating from the normal program unless you have troubles with your calcium going too high. The system is based on your alkalinity, so if your alkalinity is low you are best advised to increase the dosage of all 3 solutions.
    150g is insufficient for 2L of product. Each liter requires 82.5 grams of product to be in the correct ratio with the parts 2 & 3.

For nearly everyone, dosing equal parts of 1, 2 and 3 is ideal.

15. Brett.Al

Brett.Al Member

I dose about 800ml a day on my 1350ltr packed SPS system, but with no regular water changes and additional dosing i find it actually saves me money over all previous methods i've used with better results and less maintenance.

Rakie likes this.
  16. daelie

daelie Active Member Partner Member 2018 Build Thread Contributor

I have a few 2L HDPE containers. Can I use those to make up smaller batches of the dosing products at a time instead of 10 L all in one go.

Using 1L stock solutions and the bottle of carbonates I would put 200 mL of each and dilute to 2L and then 165 g of carbonates and dilute to 2L. Just curious if that works well enough since I don't currently have 10L storage containers.

17. ATI North America

While not recommended by ATI you absolutely can do this. Depending on how much you are dosing per day you may find this to end up being annoying, but you can do it.

18. CoralNerd

My understanding is you need to take 1000ml / 9 = 111.11ml per L
    2L 222ml

19. daelie

daelie Active Member Partner Member 2018 Build Thread Contributor

From their guide:

3) Use pure water with a TDS 0 and then fill the bucket/container to the 10 litre mark with water (for quickest results heat water anywhere up to 40 ° C). Rinse the product packaging with water from the bucket to make sure all is used.4.) Keep stirring the solution or use a small pump to mix until the solution becomes clear. (# 1 may need longer at a lower temperature)

The 1L stock solution makes 10L of solution, so it's a 10x dilution. It's 100 mL per Litre.

What doesn't make sense is the ATI guy saying the part 1 should be 82.5 g per litre when there's only 750 g in the container. It should be 75 g per litre based on their packaging.

20. CoralNerd

The product is 1000ml which is 1L, so there would be 9L of water. If you only use 100ml per 1L it's too diluted.

Add 1L of water then add 111.11 ml of ATI on top. This will give you 9 portions of 1111.11ml. If you multiple this by 9, you get 9999.99ml or 10L

Draft saved Draft deleted