ATI Essentials: How much are you dosing?

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by Rakie, Sep 18, 2017.

1. daelie

daelie Active Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Well you're not wrong, but why would I make 9 portions instead of 10 portions? I don't know too many hobbyists that are going to be able to accurately add 111.11 mL of solution. In my way, you make 10 portions, of 100 mL ATI + 900 mL water. You're overcomplicating it.

2. ATI North America

ATI North America Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

You've got this a little switched around. Like it was pointed out this would only make 9L of solution.

I think what you meant to do with the math is take 9L of water (since its 9L of water and 1L of ATI to make 10L total) and divide by 10 which is 900ml per L of solution.

Each 1000ml bottle makes 10,000ml, so you need to use 100ml per 1L of solution.

3. daelie

In an earlier comment you mentioned 82.5 g of carbonates per litre. There's only 750 g according to the bottle. Math doesn't add up.

4. CoralNerd

CoralNerd Well-Known Member SCMAS Member

You missed my post and which I explained the math.

The product is 1000ml which is 1L, so there would be 9L of water. If you only use 100ml per 1L it's too diluted.

Add 1L of water then add 111.11 ml of ATI on top. This will give you 9 portions of 1111.11ml. If you multiple 1111.11ml x 9, you get 9999.99ml or 10L

5. ATI North America

I see how your math works, except you are then making up 1.1L of water not 1L. To make up 1L of water simply use 100ml of solution and top off to 1L with RODI.

We are saying the same thing, its just a matter of how much solution you wish to make, and to me using easy numbers like 100ml to make 1000ml of solution is easier.

100ml ATI Essentials + 900ml RODI for 1L of solution.

6. ATI North America

I have confirmed this number with Dr Funk, please use 82.5g of powder to mix up 1L of solution. I cannot explain the weight stated on the bottle, but if you weight the whole contents it will be 825g.

7. daelie

Great, thanks. I just dumped out the bottle and the powder is 830 grams (kitchen scale accuracy). Might wanna change the packaging ;).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  8. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Build Thread Contributor

So far here's what I can say about my ATI Essentials dosing.

The only Con so far: is it's a little diluted for my taste -- I understand why it was designed that way now, but I still wish it was a little more potent for my liking. As my tank grows, I'll either need bigger dosing containers, or to refill my containers quite often.

As for the Pros
    : Now that the alk has stabilized the system is running very smoothly. My previous 2 part was ME corals, which raised pH quite a bit -- So I will say switching FROM ME to ATI I have seen a reduction in growth. But I've also seen two of my most temperamental SPS showing improved polyp extension, and the beginnings of better color.

Overall, it's a bit too soon to give a detailed impression -- but I'm noticing some positive initial results from dosing ATI essentials.

Melvine likes this.
  9. bpn

bpn Member

Hello Rakie.. Curious on how your SPS are doing now using ATI Essentials

10. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Build Thread Contributor

Great. Unfortunately I switched from T5 to LED and everything reacted by turning green or dark purple! It'll get back to normal though,

11. Berlibee

Berlibee ReefHacks Team R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Build Thread Contributor

5 Months here with no water changes on ATI Essentials. Everything looks very happy and growing. :)

12. Roberto Luo

Roberto Luo Member

Hi.

Just wondering, you dosing only 1ml of the 3 solutions? I have about the same water volume and same dkh consumption 0.3-0.5.

I am about to start dosing AE and my tank is considered new-few corals, and base on ati manual i should be dosing 10ml.

Thank you

13. Berlibee

Berlibee ReefHacks Team R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Build Thread Contributor

It's hard to say. I'm dosing right now 7ml a day to keep parameters on the same level. I would start do dose 5ml a day at your place and check every 24h the Alk. levels.
    If it's rising, then adjust to -1ml. to 4ml. If it's staying the same add +1ml. and check again in 24h. and you should find the balance like this ;)

14. Roberto Luo

Roberto Luo Member

Sounds good will do that after the "last" waterchange.

Question, i am dosing nopox atm, when dosing AE should i stop the nopox?

15. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

There is no direct relation to dosing carbon with the ATI Essentials. If you dose the carbon to keep yout nutrients in check I would continue to do so and monitor as you currently do.

ATI North America likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted