ATI Essentials

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by reef / aholic, Jul 27, 2017.

1. reef / aholic

reef / aholic Member

Everyone across the pond are talking about ATI Essentials. When will it be available in the states?

Reef Quest likes this.
    Tags:

2. ATI North America

ATI North America Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

3. reef / aholic

reef / aholic Member

Thanks I'll head over there now...

4. reef / aholic

reef / aholic Member

I have read the v 2.3 user guide and looked on other forums but what about using zeolites or running a refugium with ATI Essentials?

5. ATI North America

[​IMG]

6. Berlibee

Berlibee .n00b. R2R Supporter

Ok it's here :) can we have more info please about the method and the advantages of it comparing to Triton? Thanks guys.

7. ATI North America

Check out this page!
    http://atinorthamerica.com/elements/

If you have more questions however, lets chat! Let me know what additional questions I can answer. Be sure and check out the quick start guide located on the page above.

Berlibee likes this.
  8. Berlibee

I've asked on Facebook but I'll be happy sure to chat here. Thank you. And there is nothing like need of a refugium etc. No other recommendations ? it's more detailed and cheaper test and the possibility to run these elements on ANY types of the systems, refugiums, rectors, zeovit compatible with anything? Any additional information will be very helpful.

9. ATI North America

I greatly prefer the discussion here :)

No other requirements are needed. If you have troubles with nutrients a refugium or other solution would be advisable, however it is not required to run the system. A protein skimmer is highly recommend. Water changes are discouraged as this will likely disrupt the ratio's of the Essentials dosages.

teller and Berlibee like this.
  10. ATI North America

upload_2017-8-8_12-38-39.png

Kingklown, chefjpaul and Berlibee like this.
  11. Berlibee

Ok let's chat here! lol we doble post. o_O
    Thanks it's really interesting.

12. Abhishek

Abhishek Well-Known Member

I have kept things secret as of now , but for the last 2 months i have implemented ATI essentials in my tank . I didn't want to come out and claim it publicly as people have different approach to reefing and often claim such methods useless. I wanted to try it as I have issues with water changes and have been looking at opportunities to reduce water change.

Its full of acros and as of now, am really happy . Its just 2 months so I do not want to comment on the success yet but things looking good as of now.

No refugium , only skimmer and phosphates and nitrates managed through individual choices . As of mine, I rely only on my skimmer. Just replaced 2 part with ATI . However, i still do water changes once every 2 weeks for 10% mainly to get the detritus out of the sand but slowly moving towards lesser and lesser water change.

I got mine from Germany as I travelled there due to work and could bring back enough to last me more than a year .

Started dosing the same amount i.e - 36 ml a day that i was doing with my 2 part but now am up to 60 ml a day . I test 3 times a day for Alk (am crazy about testing ALK, its my manual version of KH Guardian) and once Ca every 3-4 days . As of now , its holding steady at Alk of 7.5, Ca- 440 and Mg - 1400

Yet to send water for triton tests as I think am gonna try ATI tests.

Am not claiming its done wonders for me in 2 months , but my tank looks better and haven't lost a single smooth skin acro in 2 months . In fact, some of my acros look better like my Oregon Torts , Hawkins echinata which i have always struggled to keep .
    In fact , it might be coincidence but have a couple granulosas that are slowly coming back in the last month.

I don't want to attribute it to ATI only but all in all , pretty happy with the results !!!!

Please do not take this as a gospel as am just a novice reefer but always willing to learn neither do I have any tie ups with ATI .. Heck i don't even use their awesome lights but just sharing my experience as I think not many have tried their products in US.

Regards,
    Abhishek

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Reef Quest and Berlibee like this.
  13. ATI North America

That is great Abhishek, we are working on some test tanks, but we do not yet have 2 months of history to share. Thank you for doing so!

Abhishek likes this.
  14. Berlibee

You didn't test it on the tanks before releasing? :)

15. Abhishek

I didn't want to share it as I would hate people bashing me for trying the new shinny penny and being partial towards ATI. I myself hate changes and like to do things as i have done for years. Thats why I use metal halides and old 6 year old tunze pumps. But this is something that i wanted to try and see if it can help me get rid of water changes as its difficult to do for me depending on rented house that I live in and have restrictions on usage of water.

I would send my water for testing as soon as you have ATI tests available and also plan to send one sample for Triton test too to figure out the difference in testing.

Regards,
    Abhsihek

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Kar and Berlibee like this.
  16. Berlibee

You should share your tank pictures! ;)

17. Abhishek

Well, I started it based on the experience of my brother who lives in Germany and its quite well known there.

Regards,
    Abhishek

18. Abhishek

I should but I need to take some !! Mine is just a new tank - only 6 months old and acros are all small 1-2 inch frags. Will do very soon.
    Infact, i thought I would share my experience with pictures once acros grow a little as pictures speak more than thousand words .
    But since I found the topic, thought of sharing my unbiased thoughts.

Regards,
    Abhishek

Berlibee likes this.
  19. Berlibee

Oh ok. I mean this "That is great Abhishek, we are working on some test tanks, but we do not yet have 2 months of history to share. Thank you for doing so!"
    But I see now it's new only for USA. :)

20. Berlibee

I've started a new system as well 3 months ago and was looking into the Triton method. And now this. :)