ATI Essentials

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by reef / aholic, Jul 27, 2017.

1. bpn

bpn Member

I am sold on ATI - Essential .. I will order some now!

ATI North America likes this.

2. Greenstreet.1

Greenstreet.1 Valuable Member

? Is it necessary to buy the other elements unless it’s need and if so why ?

3. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

Only if your ICP test indicates you do. It would IMO be due to something in your tank using a certian element faster than others.

4. Greenstreet.1

Thank you for the reply.
    I have a friend that wants to start using as I told him about it he called a certain disturber and was told that for the start up would run and icp first then with that info he would then make his purchase based on that.

I say no. I told him to start off with 1,2 and 3 dose for three months or so then send in his test and work from there as I plan on doing myself.
    Am I wrong or am I missing something ?
    That would make them say that the others are need at start up even with icp done

5. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

I can't say what's right to be honest that would be up to @ATI North America to say for sure. But I am doing it exactly the way you are planning. I'm at month 2 now, if I'm able to actually get any kind of ICP test kit here in Canada I'll be seding in my first sample end of this month. Or as soon as I'm able to get a kit, It will most def not be ATI (most likely Aqua Forest) since no one in Canada carries it or has plans to do so it seems.

Sunny Goold, nfa and Greenstreet.1 like this.
  6. Faraday

Faraday Member

Leyth, bpn and Greenstreet.1 like this.
  7. Greenstreet.1

Yea seen that one it’s basically saying the same thing that I’m saying.

8. bpn

bpn Member

The ATI Essentials manual specifies

"If you want to correct salinity daily, calculate amounts per day as per this formula. 1 to 10 dilution Daily dosing amount of Essentials #2 x 2.15 - minus amount of skimate removed daily. Eg. If your daily amount of skimate in your skimmer cup is 300 ml, and you are dosing 400 ml of Essentials #2 a day. 400 ml x 2.15 = 866 - 300 ml = 566 ml aquarium water to be removed from system daily"

But when ever I change my filter socks my Skimmer goes crazy so I really don't know the average on how much Skimate is pulled from my tank- Any recommendation on how to calculate the average skimate pulled from a tank ? (sometime I run dry sometime wet)
    How are other users removing the excess salinity is it by using a dosing pump or manually ?
    Is it ok to remove the excess weekly ? I know daily would be better but It would be a pain to manually remove set amount of saltwater daily.

9. ATI North America

ATI North America Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

This is a very slow process, I would simply check it on occasion. When needed remove seawater and allow your ATO to top it off with RODI. Do this as needed to keep your salinity at the appropriate level.

Most filter socks make skimmers go crazy, a solid rinse in tap water will greatly reduce it!

bpn likes this.
  10. bpn

bpn Member

Thanks for your quick response .. Just to reconfirm what I understood .. "We would have to check salinity periodically and remove saltwater if salinity is higher then recommended" Is that correct ? Can you also tell us what is the recommended salinity for ATI Essential usage (I did not find that on the manual)

11. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

You would run whatever salinity you have decided to run in your tank previously. I run mine at the standard 35ppt and everything else exactly the way I did before switching, Algae scrubber, protein skimmer and go. Nice and simple.

bpn likes this.
  12. ATI North America

bpn likes this.
  13. bpn

bpn Member

Thanks - will target at 35ppt (1.026 specific gravity)

14. Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member

[​IMG]

Got the set in thanks to marine depot’s sale. Will use up my remaining 2 part before starting. So probably around February sometime :)

15. Black Pearl

Black Pearl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

So does everyone get #1 to dissolve completely, I always have a few pieces that I have to crush even with heated Rodi

16. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

Same thing here.

17. monkiboy

monkiboy Valuable Member R2R Supporter

I used cold RODI and a five gallon bucket with a mag 7 or similar for ten minutes and it was crystal clear when done.

Gareth elliott likes this.
  18. Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member

Good to know, guess my spare 1200 gph power head will have a use lol.

19. ATI North America

I use a pump too, I think its the best option. I use a koralia that doesn't even have a front cover on it since it was kicking around.

20. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

Just out of curiosity, the #1 part is only Alk (carbonate) and no trace elements or other additives correct?

Draft saved Draft deleted