ATI Essentials

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by reef / aholic, Jul 27, 2017.

1. ATI North America

ATI North America Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

If you provide the name on the envelope with city state I can tell you when it went to Germany.

We are now sending tests to Germany twice a week which means most users will have results in 7-14 days.

2. monkiboy

monkiboy Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

thanks just sent you a PM

3. Fudsey

Fudsey Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Does anyone have any insight on the ATI DP-6? I just ordered the kit from @MarineDepot and would love to know any thoughts on it.

4. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

5. paphater

paphater Active Member

I think ATI recommends running your alk in the 7.+ range, has anybody had any luck running it a little higher? I'm running mine around 8.5.

6. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

I run mine right at 8.4 with doses spread out so it stays almost rock solid at that, seems to be working fantasitc.

7. monkiboy

mine is running at 8.9 or so and slowly allowing it to drop but it's been around 8.9 for about a month with greater results each day. i think it matters quite a bit that your ALK be in balance in nutrients in tank, photoperiod, etc. if you have more nutrients you can stand to go longer with photoperiod or a higher ALK without burning tips, etc.

bpn likes this.
  8. bpn

bpn Member

Exactly why I'm trying to switch to only AE.. sometime I forget to fill Auto Top off container and If I do I always have to remember not to run it through kalk ..

9. bpn

bpn Member

My Calcium is at 360 and Mg at 1110 I would like to buff those to 420 and 1300 ... I was thinking about using the B-Ionic Component No. 2 to buff calcium to 420 and Seachem Reef advance Magnesium to raise Mg to 1300 .. is that ok .. or do I have to use the ATI E' .. Its been 2 days i have started with ATI E' .. + ATI Eelement 2 and 3 does not tell how much do I use to raise Calcium and Magnesium.

Any advice would be highly appreciated

Black Pearl likes this.
  10. Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott Active Member

I would continue to use ati essentials to stabilize alkalinity. I would personally not use b-ionic calcium to raise calcium as i believe it also contains trace elements that you are also adding with the ati e. If just to buff those 2 parameters i think one of randy’s recipes like brs 2 part, would be how i would raise them. The amounts i would use https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-calculator/. Just make sure are raised over several days.

Would also retest both just to make sure is not test error.

11. Black Pearl

Black Pearl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

If it's been only two days, I would give some more time. When I fist started Essentials my mag and cal was way high and I was having to increase dosage to keep Alk above 7(keep all three at the same dosage) and after about a week to 10 days they all regulated, but you can increase #2 and 3 and not increase #1 if you stay within 25% range

12. monkiboy

@ATI North America is precipitation on the ALK dosing line normal (shown as RED in photo)? what can be done to mitigate? it is not submerged in water and above water line. this happens within 24 hours. only dosing 10mL currently a day spread out 4 times a day. i can clean then it will be like this within 24 hours. please advise. thanks!

[​IMG]

13. ATI North America

Is there a fan blowing on the area? Is the end cut nice and clean? This is very unusual, mine has been running for months without any, so I suspect either there is a fan blowing on the area or the end is not cut clean causing fluid to hang around instead of drip. You are dosing them at alternating times correct?

14. monkiboy

thanks for the reply! no fan or blowing of air in the area. the end was cut with a RO tubing cutter blade so yes nice and clean. yes, dosing the ALK with two hours between the other two. not sure what else to do...if you come up with any other ideas, please advise accordingly. thanks again.

15. bpn

bpn Member

Thx @Gareth elliott @Black Pearl
    I will keep close eye on both Mg and Ca and increase 2 and 3 to no more then 25% of 1 if needed.. Lets see if I get to the desired level if not I will dose Ca and Mg from Randy’s recipes !
    Tanks again!!

16. monkiboy

@ATI North America so no other ideas why this might be occurring! I feel kind of uncertain about how much is actually making it into the sump with so much precipitation although I knock it off every 24 hours into the sump. thanks!

17. ATI North America

I do not, but I will send a link to this part of the thread to Germany to see if Dr Ben has any insight.

I assume you have mixed your solutions as directed? Not extra strong or anything of that nature?

This is very strange, since so many other people are dosing without issue. We'll get to the bottom of it one way or another!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  18. Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott Active Member

Were the lines or pump used before for dosing? Perhaps there is calcium in the line causing precipitation.

19. Black Pearl

Black Pearl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I had the same issue but it was caused by a fan

monkiboy likes this.
  20. monkiboy

yes, as directed then took half of the solution into a container and stored the remainder sealed in a dark place for use later. thanks for the response and help.

Draft saved Draft deleted