ATI Essentials

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by reef / aholic, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Black Pearl

Black Pearl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Personally I don't see why the sump with Cheato would cause any issues, its just a method of nutrient removal. I run an ATS and not having any issues at all, its still producing a nice bumper crop about every 10-14 days and my parameters are pretty much rock solid except for my above post about running the GAC

2. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

It will be perfectly fine, I run a little bit higher flow rate throuh my sump than Triton outlines and a ATS withzero issues. I use Red Sea Coral Pro salt, I have started to do 8% water changes once a month (2 so far) for sump cleanup etc.

Dj City likes this.
  3. Hk45

Hk45 Member

Placed order for 4 1000ml kits. Will give this a shot since Triton is backorder and seems brs only ones that carry 10L kits. I cant wait forever. Does seem like a better deal. Also ordered Red Sea blue buckets with do some water changes since currently running IO before starting Ati.

4. wheelman76

wheelman76 Member

What’s the deal with the Facebook group ? I’ve asked to join a few times now and still waiting for a response.

5. bpn

bpn Member

@wheelman76 I tried to join the Facebook UK group also .. but it seems international are not allowed to join that group. Brett Allen send me a link to ATI Aquaristik LAB Facebook group.. this is a new group that you can join I guess.

6. wheelman76

wheelman76 Member

Thanks bpn , Brett sent me a link that that group as well , unfortunately it’s a bit of a ghost town there.

7. bpn

bpn Member

@ATI North America -are you guys planing to work on creating a online reef calculator - for dosing ATI essential its pain to calculate dosing with the provided instruction.

8. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

Fudsey, Black Pearl and bpn like this.
  9. bpn

bpn Member

Finhead likes this.
  10. ALexandre Mazurque

ALexandre Mazurque New Member

Guys,

I made a mistake preparing essentials #2 (from an 1000ml set): I put 1000ml in a 10.ooo ml bucket - 10:1 ratio instead of 9:1 ratio.

What I should expect from this mistke? Unbalanced water? Just dosing more? Should I make any adjustments to others buckets?

Thanks in advance,

Alexandre

11. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

I would dose it as is for a week or so and test your calcium at that point. I have my #2 and #3 at a slightly lower dosage as it was running a bit elevated with a 1:1:1 dose

12. Reef Quest

Reef Quest Member

It is absolutely fine and no problem to dose using a 10% increase of this one over number 3 that i assume you have mixed 9:1
    Some people here in the U.K. mix 11:1 12 litres total and just add more per day to keep parameters in check.
    Reef Quest Ltd

13. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

Kinda what I said in my post, not sure why you quoted my reply though not my question.

14. ALexandre Mazurque

ALexandre Mazurque New Member

Thanks guys!

Draft saved Draft deleted