ATI Essentials

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by reef / aholic, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Black Pearl

Black Pearl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Personally I don't see why the sump with Cheato would cause any issues, its just a method of nutrient removal. I run an ATS and not having any issues at all, its still producing a nice bumper crop about every 10-14 days and my parameters are pretty much rock solid except for my above post about running the GAC

2. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

It will be perfectly fine, I run a little bit higher flow rate throuh my sump than Triton outlines and a ATS withzero issues. I use Red Sea Coral Pro salt, I have started to do 8% water changes once a month (2 so far) for sump cleanup etc.

Dj City likes this.
  3. Hk45

Hk45 Member

Placed order for 4 1000ml kits. Will give this a shot since Triton is backorder and seems brs only ones that carry 10L kits. I cant wait forever. Does seem like a better deal. Also ordered Red Sea blue buckets with do some water changes since currently running IO before starting Ati.

4. wheelman76

wheelman76 Member

What’s the deal with the Facebook group ? I’ve asked to join a few times now and still waiting for a response.

5. bpn

bpn Member

@wheelman76 I tried to join the Facebook UK group also .. but it seems international are not allowed to join that group. Brett Allen send me a link to ATI Aquaristik LAB Facebook group.. this is a new group that you can join I guess.

6. wheelman76

wheelman76 Member

Thanks bpn , Brett sent me a link that that group as well , unfortunately it’s a bit of a ghost town there.

7. bpn

bpn Member

@ATI North America -are you guys planing to work on creating a online reef calculator - for dosing ATI essential its pain to calculate dosing with the provided instruction.

8. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

Fudsey, Black Pearl and bpn like this.
  9. bpn

bpn Member

Finhead likes this.
  10. ALexandre Mazurque

ALexandre Mazurque Member

Guys,

I made a mistake preparing essentials #2 (from an 1000ml set): I put 1000ml in a 10.ooo ml bucket - 10:1 ratio instead of 9:1 ratio.

What I should expect from this mistke? Unbalanced water? Just dosing more? Should I make any adjustments to others buckets?

Thanks in advance,

Alexandre

11. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

I would dose it as is for a week or so and test your calcium at that point. I have my #2 and #3 at a slightly lower dosage as it was running a bit elevated with a 1:1:1 dose

12. Reef Quest

Reef Quest Member

It is absolutely fine and no problem to dose using a 10% increase of this one over number 3 that i assume you have mixed 9:1
    Some people here in the U.K. mix 11:1 12 litres total and just add more per day to keep parameters in check.
    Reef Quest Ltd

13. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

Kinda what I said in my post, not sure why you quoted my reply though not my question.

14. ALexandre Mazurque

ALexandre Mazurque Member

Thanks guys!

15. reefwreck

reefwreck Active Member

on to start ATI dosing but you say to have alk at 7.4 mine is at 10.2 how do i get it down so i can start

16. Skynyrd Fish

Skynyrd Fish Active Member

Don't add any alk. test your calcium and mag. Get those in line and then let alk fall by itself. Your corals will use up the alk and bring it down. Keep your calcium and mag at your desired levels. your tank will balance out in the ALK range of 7.0 - 8.0.

Mrx7899 likes this.
  17. reefwreck

reefwreck Active Member

cal over 500 mag 1050

18. Reef Quest

Reef Quest Member

Water change using ATI Absolute Ocean liquid salt mix to bring your parameters in check as they are out of whack with whatever else has been used. Once in check start dosing the ATI Essentials as per the guide to keep in check.

19. reefwreck

reefwreck Active Member

I use red sea pro and dont dose anything

20. Reef Quest

Reef Quest Member

Well it would appear that this salt isn't keeping your parameters where they should be have you tested your salt?
    In the UK its the blue lid bucket of Red Sea that is used to keep more natural seawater parameters not the pro.
    But now we have ATI Absolute Ocean liquid salt mix which yields perfect parameters I use this, if parameters have gone out of whack like yours

Draft saved Draft deleted