ATI Essentials

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by reef / aholic, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Here's what ATI says is in them -- I love the transparency.

• ATI Essentials #1 - Carbonate Sources
      ATI Essentials # 1 is a dry powder that includes various carbonate sources. (Alkalinity)
    • ATI Essentials #2 - Calcium and Trace Elements
      ATI Essentials #2 is a liquid concentrate that contains calcium and other essential trace elements. These include mainly (among others): boron, bromine, cobalt, chromium, fluorine, iron, iodine, potassium, lithium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, rubidium, sulphur, strontium, vanadium, and zinc.
    • ATI Essentials #3 - Magnesium and Trace Elements
      ATI Essentials #3 is a liquid concentrate that contains magnesium and other essential trace elements. These include mainly (among others): boron, bromine, cobalt, chromium, fluorine, iron, iodine, potassium, lithium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, rubidium, sulphur, strontium, vanadium, and zinc.

So it looks like Essentials #2 & #3 have the same trace elements (This is a copy/paste from Marine Depot). It says there are others as well, so it would be nice to know *exactly* whats in it, but it seems pretty transparent.

2. phillygeeks

phillygeeks Active Member Partner Member 2018

I have been looking into a more complete replacement rather than the home made Ca, alk, Mg replacement I have been using, as the recent ICP test I had done demonstrated low Iodine, potassium and strontium. However, my Iron and Zinc were high. Is there a way to implement this method without dosing a heavy metal component?
    Thumbs up for including a prepaid shipping label on your ICP test! I will have to give it a shot next time I run one.
    upload_2017-9-9_16-39-51.png
    upload_2017-9-9_16-37-3.png upload_2017-9-9_16-38-54.png

3. ATI North America

ATI North America Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

All the elements your tank needs! There are over 25 elements included in the Essentials product line.

Rakie likes this.
  4. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Is there a chance you could be specific, and list everything in the product? We would all appreciate that very much :)

5. Brett.Al

Brett.Al Member

My ATI Essentials driven, 18 months with no water changes and corals lovin it! P1270360.JPG P1280887.JPG

Sunny Goold, Reef Quest and mwilk19 like this.
  6. Brett.Al

Brett.Al Member

• ATI Essentials #1 - Carbonate Sources
      ATI Essentials # 1 is a dry powder that includes various carbonate sources. (Alkalinity)
    • ATI Essentials #2 Calcium #3 Magnesium and Trace Elements
      ATI Essentials #2 +#3 are a liquid concentrate that contain calcium, magnesium and other essential trace elements. These include mainly (among others): boron, bromine, cobalt, chromium, fluorine, iron, iodine, potassium, lithium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, rubidium, sulphur, strontium, vanadium, and zinc etc

7. Rakie

That is not everything in the product. ATI said there were other things in it which weren't on the label, which is why I asked.

8. mwilk19

mwilk19 Active Member

They might be proprietary which is why they don't reveal them. Just a thought.

Rakie likes this.
  9. Rakie

That's also what I was thinking. I figured it's either proprietary, or little things they may have thought were unnecessary to mention -- hoping for the later of course :)

mwilk19 likes this.
  10. Mrx7899

Mrx7899 Well-Known Member

Just ordered my first round of ati what is everyone using for mixing containers and storage containers

11. ATI North America

One recommendation is to use normal 5gal buckets. Home Depot has 7 liter paint buckets for like $4 that are graduated and works great for measuring all 9 Liters of RODI water needed for each bottle of ATI Essentials.

12. Mrx7899

That's what I ended up using I have one question about starting dose. I used the 500ml bottles and it says that you can deluded them with 5 or 10 litre of water. I did the 5 litre mix is the starting dose of 25 ml per 100L for mixed reefs for the 5 litre mix or 10 litre mix. Haven't started dosing it yet waiting for dosing containers to come in the mail.

13. Rakie

@Mrx7899 -- From what I understand, the 500ml size makes 5L, the 1000ml makes 10L, and you can't make the 500ml into 10L -- I could be wrong here -- But because this 2 part is very, very, very diluted (IMO) you should do the 5L anyways, so no worries there.

Second -- Those doses are for the 5L mixture. In a thread of mine I'm asking how much people dose, and the amount some people use is outrageous. In a little 45g cube I'm using 70ml after some balancing, a friend of mine is use about 200ml, and I've had people in my thread say upwards of 800ml per day (not a typo).

When I was using ME corals, I was enjoying the use of 25ml per day.

I'm not saying ATI is bad, I actually like it quite a bit. But I will say it's very weak, so probably be prepared to raise it a little, and don't make it more diluted than it already is.

As for mixing and storing -- I use 1 gallon jugs, and just mix up 3L at a time in each jug. I don't have a lot of room to store 2+g jugs of liquid, so 1g jugs has to do for me.

Sunny Goold and Mrx7899 like this.
  14. Mrx7899

Ok thanks that's what I figured it was for the 5 litre mix but wasn't sure. I have a 50 gallon sps tank That I'm currently dosing 21mls of brs 2 part that keeps me in the mid 7s dkh so I guess I'll start around 50 mls and go up from there if you are dosing 70 mls in a 45 gallon.

Rakie likes this.
  15. Rakie

@Mrx7899 -- Here is my most recent Full Tank Shot -- This tank has just turned a year old, and most of the corals in here are new frags. This should help give you an idea of how much I'm using for a smaller tank with mostly small frags

[​IMG]

Sunny Goold and Mrx7899 like this.
  16. Mrx7899

Thanks picture helps a lot. My tanks is similar to yours, I have mostly frags and a couple colonies and a 5 inch maxima clam. So probably end up dosing around what you are

17. Rakie

Yep, start lower though. As I started EVERYTHING fluctuated a whole bunch, Alk, Cal, and Mag all individually went up and down. I'm not saying that's the norm, but man my whole tank freaked out at first for 3-4 days.

18. Brett.Al

Brett.Al Member

My 1350ltr tank uses 800ml a day but is packed with large SPS and a whole lot of frags, its still cost effective for me not doing water changes and not having to buy extra supplements for trace elements etc.

P1290493.JPG

19. ATI North America

Great tank Brett!

20. siggy

siggy Which way do I go R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

WHAT is that top center sps colonie STUNNING!

Draft saved Draft deleted