ATI Essentials

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by reef / aholic, Jul 27, 2017.

1. paphater

paphater Active Member

Any experience running essentials with an algae scrubber?

Also in regards to carbon, could we hook the pump up to the apex and run it for say 4 hours a day for the whole month?

2. Berlibee

Berlibee ReefHacks Team R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Build Thread Contributor

Did you guys fix the USPS delivery? I've sent an other sample a week ago. To be sure it's on time ...
    Thank you.

3. ATI North America

ATI North America Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Generally this would tend to be a bad idea because the water would go very anaerobic while shut off. Not that it would be the end of the world but releasing stale water into your system every day won't really do it any good. If you were going to do that, you would be better off running it a few minutes on a few minutes off so the water didn't sit and get nasty for hours.

We believe it is mostly fixed. I sent you specific details that I believe pertain to you via PM to confirm receipt of your test.

Berlibee likes this.
  4. Berlibee

Berlibee ReefHacks Team R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Build Thread Contributor

Thank you very much, glad it was fixed. Good work!

5. Mrx7899

Mrx7899 Well-Known Member

Been running ATI Essentials for almost a month now and the results look promising corals are coloring up and growth is good. But I had a prior issue with magnesium being a little high around 1600 and by dosing ATI it's been keeping it there. My question is can I stop dosing ATI #3 until magnesium goes down around 1350. I read that you can dose with in 25% of each other so I have been dosing a little less magnesium than alkalinity and calcium. Right now I m dosing 40 ml of alkalinity and calcium and 30 ml of magnesium

6. ATI North America

Anyone else have some results they can share of your experience with ATI Essentials?

7. Abhishek

Abhishek Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

Not sure if this helps but as stated earlier ,am running ATI Essentials much before it landed in USA .

No water changes from May end I think . So it's like 6+ months .
    No issues so far and I actually like it a lot especially with my acros encrusting .

The tank is around 10 months old and 90% acroporas .
    Sorry for the crappy pic but I hope you see the point .

[​IMG]

Full disclaimer - I run very high nutrient but very high light system too .
    Nitrates are like 25ppm and PO4 around 0.2 . But lights are also 2x250 watt radiums on m80 ballast

Regards,
    Abhishek

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    Anirban likes this.
  8. ATI North America

Looking good! It appears the tank is new enough you probably don't have much to compare it too in the way of growth prior to the essentials?

Abhishek likes this.
  9. Abhishek

You are absolutely right !! The oldest acropora frag is like 8 months old only . So can't compare with anything .
    I have thought of taking ATI esswntialsnoffline and hooking up my calcium reactor to see changes but do not have the bravery to do so .

Why change something unless it's broken ?

But my goal is to see how it goes atleast one year with ATI essentials .

regards,
    Abhishek

10. mwilk19

mwilk19 Active Member

I'm waiting for the results to come back from ATI on my latest test. This will be the first test after starting ATI Essentials. I'm happy with the way the tank has responded so far. This has been a tough year for this tank after battling dinoflagellites for more than six months.

11. Abhishek

Well you are correct in saying that I don't have enough data points but would like to show a wild Austera frag that was introduced 7-8 months back in a new tank and was STNing when bought .

• When it was bought, it was STNing and I had to frag it to save it
    Wild frag 1.JPG
    • Then after a couple of months later it turned brown
    Wild Frag 2.jpg
    • Now it turned into twice its size and almost a mini colony in just 4 months
    Wild Frag 3.jpg

I wish I could capture the bright blue polyps , green body and bright yellow tips.

I came back to reefing after 6-7 years and am fully aware of how a stable tank helps acroporas to flourish and heal .
    If ATI Essentials had anything harmful or no impact, i doubt it would have healed so well . Am not saying its only ATI essentials but its just my view that it has helped me to reach stability in my new tank.

So yes am happy with ATI essentials so far .

Regards,
    Abhishek

Pelagic One and smokin'reefer like this.
  12. truepercs

truepercs Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Currently I dose 2 part (add mag as necessary) and it is just about time to purchase refills. I am considering giving ATI essentials a try. Do you folks have recommendations on how to change over with minimal fluctuation in parameters.

Do folks get a water test before beginning doses to get a base on current conditions?
    The tank is approaching one year old. I have a good handle on growth rates to date. Dosing is automated, approximate 20 ml each day via 12 doses. All have moved fairly well so I want to proceed with caution as I am not really disappointed. However, if the tank can be improved upon while simplifying I am interested ;)

Should I go this route I would be happy to share progression photos.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  13. maxwell

maxwell Active Member Build Thread Contributor

Hi
    I have just started using this today , my tank is stable rammed with sps I run a calc reactor which cant keep up with calc/mag and I'm using a KH GUARDIAN to top up and maintain KH at 8 .I dose a small amount of calc and mag overnight using a peri pump and timer 450 / 1350 target. I have just had my ICP test back and will do another one in 2months and also photograph the tank along the way but think I will maintain water changes 50L a week.
    Bill

14. maxwell

maxwell Active Member Build Thread Contributor

Attached Files:

15. truepercs

Looks like very favorable test results...

16. Reef Quest

Reef Quest Member

Its always good to get an ATI ICP test done imo first just to see exactly where you are so as any corrections if required can be made.

ATI Aquaristik have a user guide which can be found quite easily to work out you're starting dose on an already established aquarium.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the results from using the ATI Essentials and the stability it affords.

17. Reef Quest

Reef Quest Member

It's always wise to get the magnesium result checked by using the ATI ICP test as home magnesium test kits can be quite inaccurate especially as they age after opening.
    Its true that ATI Essentials can be used in the alternative dosing method which is a great advantage over other versions and up to 25% difference either way to alkalinity 1 compared to calcium 2 and magnesium 3.
    Whilst temporally you can stop 3 magnesium, its not advised especially long term as other essential minor elements will not be added.
    Sometimes these high levels especially if accurate from ICP testing have come from salt mixes used previously and even conducting a water change could see the sea salt mix used only exacerbating the problem.

18. truepercs

Not looking to change anything, Just curious....If part 2 and 3 are similar can they be combined and dose doubled?
    To allow a 2 pump doser to be used?

19. truepercs

Kit came in ;) Just getting my Kore 5th updated to latest firmware to use latest software. Hopefully calibration portion has been fixed.

20. Reef Quest

Reef Quest Member

Part 2 and part 3 cannot be mixed.
    Part 2 contains Calcium and other essential minor and major elements and part 3 is Magnesium containing other minor and major elements.
    You have more than enough dosing heads to have you're 3 seperate ATI Essentials dosed and the other two, one could be used for water removal if necessary but quite rare and the other a spare incase of any other dosing head failure or for an ATI supplement that may be used faster in you're aquarium that needs extra dosing diluted with RO water for example.

Draft saved Draft deleted