ATI Essentials

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by reef / aholic, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Jack Wang

Jack Wang Member R2R Supporter

Any particular brand of salt you recommand using with ATI Essientials?

2. Jack Wang

Jack Wang Member R2R Supporter

any particular brand salt reccomandations to use along with ATI Essientials for the best results?

3. Abhishek

Abhishek Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award

Well I used tropic Marin for the last time I did a water change in May end .

Regards,
    Abhishek

4. Mrx7899

Mrx7899 Well-Known Member

I dose 50ml a day and my 5 liter mix is going to last me around 3 months. 20 bucks for 3 months is well worth it for the results I'm getting. You can't compare ATI Essentials to BRS 2 part.

ATI North America likes this.
  5. Staggs

Staggs Active Member

I'm starting with 25ml daily (was using esv 2part) and just measuring alk right around 7pm nightly to get my dosage tuned in correctly. I've been running at 8.3dKH and I'm starting with a lower AE dosage to lower my alk below 8.0 (based on instructions I should be doing around 75ml + a day).

For salt I would recommend tropic marin pro or the red sea blue bucket (something that mixes up lower than 8.0 dkh as recommended by ati).....I think it's more of a personal preference though.

6. ATI North America

ATI North America Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

I am not sure how big your system is, but it sounds like 100gal or less. 125ml of ATI essentials certainly sounds reasonable for a well stocked 50-100gal tank. But I think your math is wrong as far as how much it would cost. The 1000ml set of ATI Essentials makes 10liters, so if you take 10,000ml /125 it will last 80 days. This makes it about $12 per month which is pretty reasonable given the value (28 elements, not 3 like a basic 2 part)

There is no stated recommendation (except in Europe where ATI Salt is available). Since water changes are usually needed it is probably a moot point what you start out with, but I would still select a quality salt especially since you will rarely use it.

7. Todd31

Todd31 Active Member

Hello,

Is it OK for me to adjust some minor elements based on your ATI water analysis results before i get started with dosing the 3 major Essentials?

--todd

8. MBX5

MBX5 Active Member Build Thread Contributor

What dosing pumps do you guys recommend? I have two BRS pumps now using 2 part would it be okay to buy one more or should I just look for a better more precise system? Also running a Neptune but im okay if it’s a standalone unit.

9. Mrx7899

I'm using 3 BRS dosing pumps with no issues controlled by my Apex

MBX5 likes this.
  10. paphater

paphater Well-Known Member

If you wanted to compare the two I think you would need to find out how much brs 2 part it takes to raise 1dkh. For ATI I think it's 36ml per 26.4 gallons.

11. ATI North America

You bet Todd. If you are using a simple 2 part now you will in sorts be chasing your tail if you don't do water changes still in order to dose the trace elements.

Well the ATI DP6 of course!

12. kid976

kid976 Member

Got my ATI Essentials in the mail today!!!! Yesss!!!

13. Mrx7899

Anyone using the ATI DP6 in the market for a dosing pump for my cube haven't seen anything about.

14. paphater

paphater Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I think I read that it's not actually produced by ATI. I believe it's a re-branded Jebao.

15. Mrx7899

It definitely looks like a jebao with 6 heads but you never know it could have better internals.

16. 1stNoel

1stNoel Active Member

I'm late to the game here. Already purchased a year's worth of Triton products without realizing ATI had a similar product. :(

17. Fin

Fin Is it wet yet? R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Louisiana Reef Club

18. Gareth elliott

Gareth elliott Valuable Member NJRC Member

Few questions.

1). Regarding my reef tank
    If i am currently using a 3 part dosing system. Is best to send in icp testing after ive switched to ati essentials or before and if after when is the most common time frame to test after making the adjustment? And for periodic icp testing how much of an alkalinity change from norm with at home weekly alkalinity testing would be the suggested retest?

2. (Slightly off topic) How accurate is your - Boron, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, molybdenum, Zinc and NPK? Could one use your icp testing to gauge consumption on a planted freshwater aquarium?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  19. ATI North America

1) If it was me I would use ATI Essentials for a period of time (a few weeks?) prior to the ICP test.
    2) This would be a better question for Dr Ben (email Labor @ his domain which is the German site ATIAquaristik.com, but I have no reason to believe any one of these items would be any less accurate than other parameters. Particularly the first 3 which are critical components of a reef tank.

20. Black Pearl

Black Pearl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I have a question. Im about to start Essentials, but I want to send in a sample of my water before starting. I have the ICP test in my possession. the lab is closed until the 2nd of Jan, would collecting the sample now and holding it till the lab opens again cause any degradation of the sample. I would like to know what the analysis of my present h20 to compare to post Essential analysis and I don't want to wait for the results before I start dosing

monkiboy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted