ATI Essentials

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by reef / aholic, Jul 27, 2017.

1. ATI North America

ATI North America Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hey BP,
    The major elements are stable, the trace elements are 95-99% stable within 2-3 weeks. I would recommend sending the sample in so we can get it on its way to Germany so it is waiting upon Dr Ben's return.

2. paphater

paphater Active Member

Just for a quick clarification, on the 10 liters, we are making 9L of RO and than adding the bottles correct? And with bottle one we are making 10L of RO since that bottle is powdered. Correct?

Black Pearl likes this.
  3. ATI North America

You got it! I recommend pouring the bottle in, then top up with RO, especially with the powder to help it all mix.

Black Pearl and paphater like this.
  4. Black Pearl

Black Pearl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Thanks, on its way today

5. monkiboy

monkiboy Valuable Member R2R Supporter

@Fin let us know if the remaining .5 liters of the 10L fits in that 2.5 gallon container as that would be great to not have to store or waste the remaining of the solution. (10L = 2.64g, 2.5g = 9.46L)

6. Fin

Fin Is it wet yet? R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Louisiana Reef Club

My plan is to mix it in a 5 gallon bucket, as ATI recommends. Pour off 1 liter into my dosing containers and put the other 9 liters in the container for storage.

7. monkiboy

ah ok. i have a large system and don't want to keep topping off my dosing containers so looking for an affordable 10L solution for the three dosing containers. figured it out though. thanks!

Fin likes this.
  8. ATI North America

Home Depot has smaller buckets with up to 7 liters graduated on the side. I purchased 3 regular 5gal buckets with lids and one of these graduated painters buckets. I use the painter bucket to measure out the RO and I dump it into the 5gal buckets.

I first put the solution in the bucket, top up to 7L then pour in the bucket. I then "rinse" the bucket out while collecting the remaining 3 liters. Rinse and repeat for each solution.

I think it might be this one? Not sure since its not in front of me:
    [​IMG]

monkiboy and Fritzhamer like this.
  9. monkiboy

thank you. yes that works for measuring out and mixing solution and then I just ended up getting three of these for storage of each essentials solutions:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G6TNWDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I drilled the caps for pass through .25" bulkheads and use rigid tubing to the bottom and drilled a vent hole and connected with flexible RO tubing to doser.

10. truepercs

truepercs Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Last weekend I made the transition to ATI essentials(Something I have been planning on to start year 2) . 45 gallon+sump I was using B-ionic 2 part at 20ml per day.
    I really was concerned about switching over. Started my daily dose at 40ml... Set my doser to dose every hour on a 24 hour cycle. After 2 hours I checked my Alk parameter the value did not change from the original reading prior to the ATI transition. I waited another 4 hours and tested again, still parameters were unchanged (ALK). Waited another 8 hours and checked the same. Then 16 hours and checked... Basically doubling the hours for each next check since the values were where I wanted them. I started early Saturday, on Monday I checked Alk,Calc, and Mag all in my target ranges. I have made slight adjustments of 1 ml as needed.

After reading a few posts here on the forum I really expected troubles however it went fairly smooth. (I used the 10 liter kit, mixed all in separate 5gal buckets and have 1/2 gallon glass milk jugs for dosing) Prior to switching over I bought all new hoses for my doser, made sure my doser was calibrated, etc... I even put a small mark on each one of the containers so that I could see if dosing was unequal...

My thought was to focus on ALK & check often, if I seen a slight movement in one direction or the other I could alter the dose settings slightly as my tests indicated. I did not want to wait a day before finding out ALK was really high or really low. Not sure how folks are approaching their switch however this approach worked for me.

No difficulty transitioning, all went smooth... Prior to start I was 7.85 ,425, 1350 during process the lowest my Alk dropped was 7.7
    Now just to continue keeping parameters consistent and wait for some type of results to report ;)

7 days in... 44ml equal parts 1,2 &3 24/doses throughout day.
    Alk 7.85
    Calc 440
    Mag 1380

I will provide some before and after pictures in about three months. For comparison. This week the aquarium is one year old!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Nowell and monkiboy like this.
  11. Black Pearl

Black Pearl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

In the past I have used Kalkwasser to keep PH from dropping at night, should I continue ?

12. Brett.Al

Brett.Al Member

Some of my ATI Essentials grown corals ...also under ATI hybrids ;Happy P1240709.JPG P1240736.JPG P1290276.JPG P1240719.jpg P1240737.jpg P1270786.JPG

Tahoe61 and Black Pearl like this.
  13. Brett.Al

Brett.Al Member

more ....

P1250869.JPG

P1240087.JPG

P1240707.JPG

P1290777.JPG

P1290232.JPG

mwilk19, 1stNoel and Black Pearl like this.
  14. kid976

kid976 Member

[​IMG]

I’ve been obsessed with finding the perfect container to mix and hold my ATI Essentials. I found this when I was at the container store. Granted they’re a little pricey at $24.99 but they have graduated markings in qt and L on the side and simple enough fill up, drop in a mixing pump to mix then put the lid on a store until you need to refill your dosing containers ( which I also found at the container store)

Texas Reefer likes this.
  15. bpn

bpn Member

Since you will not be performing any water change.. (Unless absolutely needed).

What will be used as a primary nutrient export ? I do not have space on my sump for refugium. I have been performing bi-weekly 20% water change and skimming and running Carbon / GFO on BRS reactor. But I have a heavy bio load (And Fish that loves to eat)?

16. bpn

bpn Member

What will be used as a primary nutrient export ? I do not have space on my sump for refugium. I have been performing bi-weekly 20% water change and skimming and running Carbon / GFO on BRS reactor. But I have a heavy bio load (And Fish that loves to eat)?

17. bpn

bpn Member

What will be used as a primary nutrient export? I do not have space on my sump for refugium. I have been performing bi-weekly 20% water change and skimming and running Carbon / GFO on BRS reactor. But I have a heavy bio load (And Fish that loves to eat)?

Pelagic One likes this.
  18. monkiboy

have room for a macro reactor in sump, in stand or externally ? usually works much more efficiently and effectively than most refugiums. carbon dosing, vodka/vinegar?

bpn likes this.
  19. ATI North America

Carbon dosing (not active carbon)
    Refugium
    Cheato reactor
    GFO
    Excellent skimming to prevent nutrients

monkiboy and bpn like this.
  20. bpn

bpn Member

If I transition to ATI Essentials what would I do with all the IO - RC Salt I got from you :)

Draft saved Draft deleted