ATI Nutrition CNP

I-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I found that my nitrate and phosphates are 0 on my tank.
Few weeks ago I started to use the ATI Nutrition method N and P in order to "feed" the tank (medium load SPS). Now I am wondering if I need to add also the bottle C, I checked on the ATI site, but the information in both sites (EU vs US) shows different information.

US site indicates for Carbon half dosage of N
1653502118591.png

The EU site states NO Carbon with low values of NO3 and PO4.

1653502210162.png

My question is.... should I start adding half dosage of the N for the C bottle? Is this bringing any value to the tank or should not add Carbon as my values are 0?

Thanks in advance!
I-reef

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in this ATI nutrients method. I was originally going to use RS NOPOX plus Brightwell nitrogen and phosphate dosing to balance nutrients but this is using two different systems. ATI simplifies it in one system with an integrated calculator to keep it all balanced. But I couldn’t find any videos on YouTube about the system.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in this ATI nutrients method. I was originally going to use RS NOPOX plus Brightwell nitrogen and phosphate dosing to balance nutrients but this is using two different systems. ATI simplifies it in one system with an integrated calculator to keep it all balanced. But I couldn’t find any videos on YouTube about the system.
I believe the system may not be as popular because it’s based on the redfield ratio and it tends to be confusing for some. Not many vloggers seen a potential in nutrient dosing.
I was discussing this last week and it was like I was talking a different language :)

Imo this kind of nutrient dosing is more tailored to regain balance in a reef aquarium in comparison to others that may be more of a continuous use.

Last edited:

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that's my question, is the half dosage of N for Carbon necessary to keep certain balance?

1653548850206.png
No, the tank already has enough organic carbon available that’s probably the reason you have low nutrients, you only adding N and P to balance the tank to the current amount of C that is available in the tank.
Once you see Nitrates and phosphates increasing you stop dosing.
the idea is to fix the ratio in your current tank and not to create a new ratio.

I speak a bit more of how to deal with different situations in this thread where you can interpret the rise and decrease in nitrates and phosphates to know wend to stop dosing and wend to increase dosing.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back