ATI Powermodule LED/T5 Vs. Radion G4 for SPS tank

N4sty T4te

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to upgrade my lights, wanted to hear other peoples opinions. Looking for the fastest growth and best color...

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I'm a huge fan of halide/led hybrid. I think halides are the best and LED's allow color control. I tried switching to all LED using Kessil, but rehung the halide pendant along side. It's a good compromise [emoji4]

OP
OP
N4sty T4te

N4sty T4te

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up with the ATI fixture. For SPS I think T5 is where it's at. Blue LED's make everything pop well.

The LED's in the ATI are definitely inferior to the Radeons or Kessils. In a perfect world I'd probably have done the 3 smaller Radeons with 6 T5 bulbs retrofitted into a custom hood... But I wanted something sleek and simple, with one Plug.

Definitely happy with the purchase, will say though one super big negative is you have to have a windows box to program the ATI. I had to boot camp my Mac which was a huge hassle. I mean there's a LOT of mac users these days. I have no clue why they wouldn't develop the software for both OS's.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back