ATI Straton LED Goes for the Sleek, Unibody Slab of Aluminum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Straton LED by ATI is a sleek new high performance reef aquarium lighting fixture that is coming soon. The ATI Straton aims to be one of the most elegant reef aquarium lighting fixtures with no fans, no buttons, no ports, just a machined unibody chunk of aluminum with full spectrum light pouring out the […]
Source

Continue reading...

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost like an aesthetically pleasing version of the Philips CoralCare fixture... panel type LED layout, solid aluminum heat sink with passive cooling and what looks to be a diffuser plate.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just read on another forum that the Stratton is supposedly going into manufacturing and hopefully released to the UK shortly thereafter. I will def be purchasing this fixture when its released to the states. I love the minimalist look. Someone is going to get a great deal on my new Radion G4 Pro:)

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read on another forum that the Stratton is supposedly going into manufacturing and hopefully released to the UK shortly thereafter. I will def be purchasing this fixture when its released to the states. I love the minimalist look. Someone is going to get a great deal on my new Radion G4 Pro:)

I hope more sizes are released eventually. I have a 4 bulb Powermodule over a 36" x 18" tank, I don't think the square shape will work very well for me.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making threads great again, one at a time.

cXQUwZl.jpg
MXQwAcU.jpg

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hopefully not too long to wait for this fixture Chopsie. Either way, my G4 Pro does the job. I wonder if they will show this at Reefapalooza Chicago? I would like to see it in person and ask some questions on performance.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hanging so close to the tank why not make a tank mount that can hide the cables?

By virtue of the fact that there are no fans in the fixture for cooling, I’m guessing that the fixture itself is a big aluminum heat sink, similar to the Philips CoralCare. If that’s the case, I’d think that the fixture would be too heavy to be safely supported by a tank mount. These don’t look to be plasticky Radion fixtures that weigh a pound and a half.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back