ATI T5 + Reefbrite XHO + Orphek OR2 Blue Plus?

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ATI 36 inch 6 bulb dimmable and Reefbrite XHO Actinic.

The colors doesn't "pops" like I wanted. It pops, but I want more.

I have 2 options:
Buy one more Reefbrite XHO Actinic. I like the idea of it's reflector, I think the light spread is amazing. Or buy Reefbrite Pro.

Buy a Orphek OR2 Blue Plus. It's cheaper and add more blue and purple spectrum. But doesn't have the reflector like XHO.

I have a classic T5 combo (front to back):
B+
B+
C+
B+
P+
B+

So, whick way is better?

Mrmiles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ATI 6 bulb too and considering adding an led bar. SB Reef have one I'm looking at as well as the ones mentioned.

fishead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I'd bought Reefbrites instead of OR2s. Ordered two of the Blue Plus and one turned up being the old gen light. It died before I could return it. Orphek sent a replacement and now it dies intermittently. The original correct light now has the perspex or whatever it is cover lifting off and have it stuck on with tape. Never again for me Orphek.

Mrmiles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. Sorry to hear you got broken gear. Reef breeders have one too with a year guarantee I think.

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t mind going DIY you can build a very high octane cool blue/hyper violet led bar.

I too found that even with a decent amount of B+ Bulbs the reef brites have trouble making some things look the way people expect them to look.

OP
OP
BurgerFish

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I'd bought Reefbrites instead of OR2s. Ordered two of the Blue Plus and one turned up being the old gen light. It died before I could return it. Orphek sent a replacement and now it dies intermittently. The original correct light now has the perspex or whatever it is cover lifting off and have it stuck on with tape. Never again for me Orphek.
Thanks for info. OR2 is excluded.

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I attach SB Reef to ATI by default?
What advantage of SB Reef compare to Reef Brite?

Do you have any example of this?

I used the Steve’s LED narrow heatsink. It doesn’t need a fan but any cooling is always appreciated.

Cree and Philips both make great royal blue LEDs. The new cree ones can be run up to 2000ma...but thats overkill and you want some violets in there too which can only take up to 1000ma.
I just used the Meanwell non dimmable drivers. Considering building another one now that I’ve switched back to T5. SB bar seems close at a good price point so might do that instead.

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should have no problem with "pop" using a Reefbrite XHO. Corals need to have the colors for them to pop. Although nothing mind blowing, here is a shot with a single XHO. I was always happy with my Reefbrite.
Screenshot_20200312-071259_Gallery.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back