ATK in constant error

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple days ago my ATK started throwing error alarms and I'm not sure why. It isn't because of 5 minute time limit because as soon as I flip the switch back to auto it turns the alarm off and within 30 seconds it is back on again. Any ideas? Possibly a bad pmup?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the exact error code you're seeing? Also, please post your ATK programming.

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I changed was adding the optical sensor in my top off tank(ATO10). Nothing was changed in the programming in the last few days unless it changed it's self. I want to say it started happening after I updated the apex a few days ago.
Screenshot_20191121-173248_Apex Fusion.jpg
Screenshot_20191121-174654_Apex Fusion.jpg

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your programming looks correct.

I would first try rebooting the FMM (disconnect and reconnect the AquaBus cable). If that doesn't help, I'd update the FMM software (even if it doesn't indicate that it needs any update) and reboot it again.

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried unplugging everything already. Let me try to force an update.

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been about 10 minutes and no error alarms yet. Maybe the update worked.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did that solve your problem?

Candace Summers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it started doing it again yesterday.
Did you get this figured out after? I'm having a lot of issues with my brand new ATK just installed this past week. I constantly have to slide it over to auto as I keep getting errors and it turns off. I just power cycled the unit, plugged it back in just with the aquabus and power, forced another update, then plugged it back in and went through the tasks function to reprogram and it still does not seem to be working correctly.

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get this figured out after? I'm having a lot of issues with my brand new ATK just installed this past week. I constantly have to slide it over to auto as I keep getting errors and it turns off. I just power cycled the unit, plugged it back in just with the aquabus and power, forced another update, then plugged it back in and went through the tasks function to reprogram and it still does not seem to be working correctly.
Yeah, mine had a short in the power cord to the fmm.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Try the troubleshooting checklist in my ATK tutorial article: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptu...torials-part-3-automatic-top-off-kit-atk.692/

Candace Summers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what helped me to finally get it working properly! Thanks so much.

I had to reduce the off time in between as I have a big tank and wasn’t getting enough water in to make the sensor read. I also may not have had the primary sensor clicked in hard enough. I also lengthened the time the Pump was allowed to run. Through all that it is finally working!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what helped me to finally get it working properly! Thanks so much.

I had to reduce the off time in between as I have a big tank and wasn’t getting enough water in to make the sensor read. I also may not have had the primary sensor clicked in hard enough. I also lengthened the time the Pump was allowed to run. Through all that it is finally working!

Excellent! I'm so glad the article helped. :)

Noobreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have faced a similar problem for my Reef Noob tank, and it came down to power issue. My ATK +FMM kit stopped working independent, with a constant blinking orange light, but solid green when attached to APEX. After fiddling around with it, it was the FMM kit or the provided power adapter thats toasted, as my PMUP kept jerking when the sensors are triggered.

Can you try plugging the PMUP directly into a 1link module or you EB832 to see whether your problem is solved?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back