ATK V2 not working?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Beej1254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased and setup a Neptune ApexEL and the ATK v2, I also purchased another optical sensor to place at the bottom of my saltwater reservoir for auto water changes. I hooked everything up last night and was successful in having the ATK top off water ONCE. Today I’m having issues with what seems to be the sensors as I’m noticing they get stuck in either the OPEN or CLOSED position and the auto-detect function keeps saying they’re floor sensors. The PMUP turns on when manually switching it to the ON position.
Anyone have any clues how to fix this?
I used the “tasks” guide when programming the ATK through apex fusion.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Beej1254

Beej1254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is most commonly caused by the sensor plugs not being fully seated in the FMM sockets. They can appear to be all the way in, but if you push them a bit further they "click" into place.

See my ATK tutorial for a detailed list of troubleshooting steps: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptu...torials-part-3-automatic-top-off-kit-atk.692/
Thank you, I actually saw you post this on another ATK post and tried it. I’m surprised at how hard you have to push the plugs in. I still have problems when I insert that third sensor though. It seems to mess with the programming of the other two

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post your code for the ATK? Also, post any code that references the 3rd optical sensor.

OP
OP
Beej1254

Beej1254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post your code for the ATK? Also, post any code that references the 3rd optical sensor.
Right now the third optical sensor is offline and I don’t believe there is any code referencing it as I deleted the line from the ATK.
As soon as I plug it in though things get weird.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If swx3_1 OPEN Then ON
If swx3_2 CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your code looks correct for a standard ATK. If you connect the 3rd optical sensor, it should have no impact on the ATK functionality since the code doesn't reference that sensor.

When it was causing problems, was there any reference to the 3rd sensor?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, if you rename the sensors it will make it much easier to read and troubleshoot the code. I use ATK_LO and ATK_HI. Unfortunately you're limited to 6 character input names.

OP
OP
Beej1254

Beej1254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your code looks correct for a standard ATK. If you connect the 3rd optical sensor, it should have no impact on the ATK functionality since the code doesn't reference that sensor.

When it was causing problems, was there any reference to the 3rd sensor?
Yes, it referenced the 3rd sensor and told the ATK to be off if the sensor was open

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it referenced the 3rd sensor and told the ATK to be off if the sensor was open

But I thought you wanted to use the 3rd sensor for auto water changes in your saltwater storage tank? If so, then the ATK should not be referencing it. You would want the pump running AWC to check the status of sensor 3, not the ATO.

OP
OP
Beej1254

Beej1254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I thought you wanted to use the 3rd sensor for auto water changes in your saltwater storage tank? If so, then the ATK should not be referencing it. You would want the pump running AWC to check the status of sensor 3, not the ATO.
Right, I honestly am not sure how that line of code got in there. I’m too afraid to plug it back in and see what happens because of all the problems I had before. I want this 3rd sensor at the bottom of my saltwater reservoir to stop the dos from running its program if the reservoir is empty

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, I honestly am not sure how that line of code got in there. I’m too afraid to plug it back in and see what happens because of all the problems I had before. I want this 3rd sensor at the bottom of my saltwater reservoir to stop the dos from running its program if the reservoir is empty

Simply plugging in an optical sensor does not automatically change your programming. By chance, did you go into the Tasks and select "ATK - Low Water"? That task adds a line to your ATK to disable it when sensor 3 is open, and is meant for the 3rd sensor in your ATO reservoir.

The proper way to do it is to plug in the 3rd sensor, then modify your AWC programming. This must be done manually since there's no automated task in Fusion to set it up for you.

OP
OP
Beej1254

Beej1254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply plugging in an optical sensor does not automatically change your programming. By chance, did you go into the Tasks and select "ATK - Low Water"? That task adds a line to your ATK to disable it when sensor 3 is open, and is meant for the 3rd sensor in your ATO reservoir.

The proper way to do it is to plug in the 3rd sensor, then modify your AWC programming. This must be done manually since there's no automated task in Fusion to set it up for you.
That very well could have been it, I’m still pretty clueless to all of this. I’ll give this a try and let you know what happens

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Beej1254

Beej1254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, thank you.
Any idea about my other post? Cause I can’t use my AI Primes right now due to the weird communication issue

I replied earlier about the "Show Delete Column" in the list of outputs to see if that allows you to delete the AI outputs. Did you try that?

Jryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back