Atlantik Compact V4 Gen2 2020 video review testing by BRS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find out how many units you need to cover your tank and how
to set the Atlantik V4 Compact Gen 2 for best performance according to Bulk Reef Supply
Atlantik-V4-Compact-Gen-2-over-tank.png

This last week Orphek Atlantik V4 Compact Gen2 featured in the BRStv Investigates video series, which is according to them,

“an ongoing exploration of popular reef tank theories, methods and equipment”.

In these videos BRS team creates experiments in the BRS lab and share the results they found about a variety of saltwater aquarium topics.
Click on the link if you missed Testing the Orphek Atlantik V4: Is panel style LED lighting the best option? | BRStv Investigates

Orphek-Atlantik-V4-Compact-Gen2-package.png

Atlantik V4 Compact Gen 2 unpacked​

Bulk Reef Supply chose this time our Orphek Atlantik V4 Compact Gen 2 LED light and puts it through a series of tests to find out:
  • Exactly how many units you need to cover your tank
  • How to mount and space the unit(s)
  • BRS recommended light settings for spectrum
  • Comparation of the output of a T5 only light
  • PAR measure to find out that our LED can sufficiently light your tank for optimal SPS coral growth
So to answer the big question “IS BIGGER BETTER?” you will have a 13 min full video review and testing of our Compact version of the Atlantik V4 Gen2!! Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to fully understand this fixture and how it substitutes a set of T5 lights over LPS, SPS and mixed coral tanks

Mounting Hight & Space
Two tanks were chosen. The first one is a predominately LPS tanks and a second one is a completely filled tank with mature SPS and acropora corals.

Mounting-arm-for-coral-tanks.png

Orphek Atlantik V4 Compact Gen2 mounted high with mounting arms​

BRS recommends one single Orphek Atlantik V4 Compact Gen2 for a 2f X 2f 60 gal cube tank, but if you want a larger tank, 2 units are recommended.

They started with 6″ over the water and they went up, inch by inch, bringing the light up to 16″ where they found the recommended hight.

BRS-recommended-hight-1600x1039-1.png

To read the entire article and find more BRS recommendations and layouts: https://orphek.com/atlantik-compact-v4-gen2-2020-video-review-testing-by-brs/

U

User1

View Badges
They did a good job reviewing your light especially around the recommended height. Actually, they did a great job to be honest. While I am not personally looking for any lights I just wanted to say they really did your light a good service, validated the recommended height, and put it through a good battery of tests. They results speak for themselves. While I personally am not a fan of mounting lights that high or from the ceiling I could honestly find a solution that would work well for them if I was to upgrade. So even that is a moot point.

Also have to say that the light is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Great job to you, your design, and development team. Really, good job.

tgrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 72 x 36
what would you recommend based on what BRS did to mount on my tank.
How many? The compact or regular version?

I have 3 Atlantik V4 compacts over my 625XXL which is 60 inches long. So I would consider 4 compacts over a 72 long. In theory...you might be able to get way with 3 lights depending on coral placement. I just got the Orpheck Blue Plus Bars to supplement my lighting with more blues. That should be a consideration also. I was using an ATI florescent light fixture but got tired of replacing bulbs.

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Tgrick... i am thinking of getting the regular version since my tank is so deep.

So for a 72 inch long and 36 deep tank.
if i get 3 of these orphek long ones... i can place them front to back and put three in?

i mean - thats over 3k for lighting lol

but is that what i would need?

tgrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 2 of the regular ones would work. My advice would be to contact Orpheck directly and see what they say. It's always been easy to reach them. I had an issue with a light when it arrived, but it was quickly replaced by BRS. They have been rock solid.

It is the only option? No. Is it the best option? That's hard to answer also. I really do like the light but I also really likes my AI hydras too. No question this light provides sufficient light however. In fact, it's too much light. If I have a complaint it's the app. Thankfully, you seldom need to deal with it. The app works...it's just clumsy.

tgrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more thing. They have lenses for deep tanks. I would speak to them about this also. You might want to buy the light with the correct lenses installed initially. Why pay more? This hobby is expensive enough.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back