ATO High Water Alert Delay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KingJason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to change the programming to make the alert go off only after the high water sensor has been on for X amount of time?

I've found that my sump height fluctuates a bit over the course of normal operation and the high water sensor goes off throughout the day and then the water level settles and we're fine again.

I believe this is the programming for the alarm:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Tmp > 80.0 Then ON
If Tmp < 76.0 Then ON
If Swx8_2 CLOSED Then ON

Would adding the following make it check again in 1 minute? Would this also delay the alarm for temperature or does it just affect the line directly above it?

Defer 001:00 Then ON

Thanks for the help!!

Ryan Hunter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Defer statement would delay the entire program so yes it would also delay the temp alarm but that would probably be beneficial as well so the temp alarm is turning on and off when the temp is hovering around 80.

OP
OP
KingJason

KingJason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Defer statement would delay the entire program so yes it would also delay the temp alarm but that would probably be beneficial as well so the temp alarm is turning on and off when the temp is hovering around 80.

Gotcha, thanks! A short delay in the temp alarm isn't going to hurt anything. I never get out of temp range so even a 1 minute or so delay probably won't ever be noticed.

It's too bad we can't use the WHEN logic like this: WHEN (SumpHigh = ON) > 1:00 Then ON. That way we could control each alert independently and give it a time period that makes sense before kickoff.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 42 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.1%
Back