ATO placement in Nuvo AIO tank

DiscoMush

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having some issues with water level in my AIO tank, specifically that within a day of filling it up in the back, the return pump chamber is only 75% filled to where it normally sits - which is around 1.25 inches from the rim of the tank. Am I supposed to put the ATO in the same chamber as the return pump? I had it in the middle chamber where the heater was since I was afraid that it'd explode if the water level became too low in the middle tank.

Thank you in advance for any help!

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my heater, return pump and ATO sensor all in the center chamber of my IM Nuvo Fusion 40. I keep the water level sensor about an inch or two below the other chambers.

You should keep your sensor in the same chamber as the return as it will draw down the lowest due to the suction of the pump.

Upvote 0

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having some issues with water level in my AIO tank, specifically that within a day of filling it up in the back, the return pump chamber is only 75% filled to where it normally sits - which is around 1.25 inches from the rim of the tank. Am I supposed to put the ATO in the same chamber as the return pump? I had it in the middle chamber where the heater was since I was afraid that it'd explode if the water level became too low in the middle tank.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Yes, you need to have the ato in the section with the return pump. That is the only chamber where the water height will change and trigger the ato to add water.

Upvote 0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back