ATO Reservoirs that fit in Red Sea stands?

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking to upgrade my ATO reservoir from the gravity fed in my Reefer 350. I'd like to have an acrylic ato reservoir in the "chiller" section of my cabinet, but would also like to have easy access to control panel in the back. What do some of you use in your reefer 350 stands? Preferrably would like to use 8+ gallon size so I don't have to refill it every couple of days

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RSR 250 and RSR 525XL. In both I use a Neptune ATK to keep the ATO reservoir filled once a day from my remote RODI reservoir. I run it once a day just to avoid short cycling extend the life of the PMUPs. Mine are Apex controlled but you could use another ATO to refill the RSR gravity fed ATO in a similar fashion.

I like the RSR ATOs due to the 24x7 gravity fed design - gives you the best salinity stability you can get. For redundancy I have an optical sensor in each tank for a low sump level - sends me an alert if the gravity fed ATO gums up and stops working. As the ATK ships with a FMM with 4 ports, 2 of which are used by the ATK leaving 2 unused, I run a low and high level sump sensor in each tank using the 2 unused ports.

I know this is not exactly what you asked about but it may be another option for you.

OP
OP
Z

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a RSR 250 and RSR 525XL. In both I use a Neptune ATK to keep the ATO reservoir filled once a day from my remote RODI reservoir. I run it once a day just to avoid short cycling extend the life of the PMUPs. Mine are Apex controlled but you could use another ATO to refill the RSR gravity fed ATO in a similar fashion.

I like the RSR ATOs due to the 24x7 gravity fed design - gives you the best salinity stability you can get. For redundancy I have an optical sensor in each tank for a low sump level - sends me an alert if the gravity fed ATO gums up and stops working. As the ATK ships with a FMM with 4 ports, 2 of which are used by the ATK leaving 2 unused, I run a low and high level sump sensor in each tank using the 2 unused ports.

I know this is not exactly what you asked about but it may be another option for you.
Interesting solution I hadn't thought of. Where do you keep the reservoir to your reservoir? I'd like to see some pics if possible!

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My house is split level - timber floor on brick piers at the front with a sunken lounge and laundry etc on a slab at the back. My RSR 250 is upstairs on the timber floor. The RODI station is about 10’ away next to the house in a narrow side area. I have RO tubing and a little other plumbing running out of the RODI station, under the floor, up through the floor behind the RSR 250. The ATK line and my AWC lines run into the tank. Here is the RSR 250 sump. You can’t see the AWC lines as that was installed after this photo was taken but you can see the ATK.
FFE99FBB-6352-4D06-87F7-063830E82BC3.jpeg

The RSR 525XL is situated in the downstairs lounge on the slab. I have RO line and the PMUP cable punching out the back of that tank, out through the wall and then running alongside the house in 1” electrical conduit to the RODI station - about a 40’ run. Again in this tank I have RO and AWC lines running into it. In both tanks the FMM is in the sump controlling the PMUP which is in the RO reservoir. Here is the RSR 525XL sump.
F2C0BF6B-8AB5-46DA-8FEB-ABE5DF560264.jpeg

Here is the RODI station. The RO reservoir (~220 litre usable) is on the left and the SW reservoir (~85 litre usable) on the right. The DOS units here are for the AWCs. They are connected to the Apex in the RSR 250. I also have solenoids and optical sensors to automatically turn the RODI on when RO water level drops and back off when the RO reservoir is full. There is also another solenoid for a TDS flush cycle for the first 2 minutes (not in this photo, fitted afterward). This is all contained in a timber enclosure with a roof but open at the front. Sorry the photo isn’t the best, it’s very tight in that side area. The red lines are AWC out, blue AWC in and orange or white RO. Hope this all makes sense.
04CE3000-08D4-4FAC-89FC-4CB84086DCEF.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back