OP
OP
atomic081

atomic081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Calcium reactor is up and running. Im trying to dial it in using the Apex Doser. The Doser is SUPER loud. Im kinda disappointed in it.
20200901_203201.jpg

20200901_203207.jpg

OP
OP
atomic081

atomic081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Far im not having any luck getting the Kalkwasser dialed in. I keep adding more and more and more. Im up to 20,000ml a day and its still dropping. This is with the Calcium reactor running also!

Calcium reactor is doing fine though!

NautiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Far im not having any luck getting the Kalkwasser dialed in. I keep adding more and more and more. Im up to 20,000ml a day and its still dropping. This is with the Calcium reactor running also!

Calcium reactor is doing fine though!

What pH settings do you have for the Ca Rx and is cal and mag tracking well?

NautiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm sounds wierd, I dont have any personal experience with Ca Rxs but could it be a media thats not putting the alk in at the right ratio? Or a precipitation of the alk? I could be way off base but it just seems wierd.

NautiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, it sounded fishy. I'm glad you found the problem, and good thing you monitor your levels frequently!

OP
OP
atomic081

atomic081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, it sounded fishy. I'm glad you found the problem, and good thing you monitor your levels frequently!

The Trident is the best thing ive ever bought for my tanks. I went 15 years and had not tested 50 times total. I check it multiple times a day now.

OP
OP
atomic081

atomic081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE!!!:

Yesterday @AdamH300 and I took the 1.5 hour trip to visit @aquavista99 and he didn't disappoint. His SPS grow out system is EPIC!!!! (Link to His Thread!) Because of the lack of Frag swaps this year, Adam and I both had some money burning a hole in our pockets and both decided to spend a little more on some Higher end corals. I also was supposed to visit another friend on the way home and pickup some more corals, but we took too much time ogling at Aquavista99s tank and missed our appointment, but I have another 6 corals on the way this week.

The List:
Ross from Aquavista:
Diabolic PacMan
Surf n Turf
Tyree Blue Matrix
BC Frankenberry 2.0
ORA PearlBerry
Oregon Tort
Red Dragon
RMF Red Devil Nasuta
RMF Aqua Glacier
PC Ranibow

Ross on the way:
RR Pink Floyd
Golden Basket Candlelabra Acro
Red Robin Stag
ORA Stuber Stag
Walt Disney
Pinky the Bear
WWC Yellow Tip Acro
ORA Turquoise Stag
Dragon Soul Torch

Adam from Aquavista:
Green blue tip Torch with yellow mouth
TCG Insidious
Tyree Blue Matrix
ASD Rainbow
Jason Fox Slow Burner XXL
Vivids Confetti
Jason Fox Beach Bum

Pictures to come soon!!!

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build thread. I like how it’s progressed and made things easier for you. How much time do you spend on the tank a week for maintenance including feedings and checking to make sure thing is working properly?

OP
OP
atomic081

atomic081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics or it didn't happen ;)

I will post pictures soon. Its really hard to get good pictures of some of the frags because they are mounted 42 inch from the glass. I might give it a few weeks for them to color up and do a GoPro video in the tank.

Awesome build thread. I like how it’s progressed and made things easier for you. How much time do you spend on the tank a week for maintenance including feedings and checking to make sure thing is working properly?

It all depends, because of the apex I track everything on my computer every morning. So I dont need to go down there. I spend 2 or 3 hours a week because I enjoy it. I could easily get by with a hour a week once its all setup and on cruise control. There will always be one day every 4-6 months that I spend 4 or more hours cleaning the sump and all the pumps and changing media.

I ALWAYS have a project down there though. Tinkering with the equipment is what I like best about the hobby. Rarely do I actually sit in front of the tank and look at the fish.

NautiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post pictures soon. Its really hard to get good pictures of some of the frags because they are mounted 42 inch from the glass. I might give it a few weeks for them to color up and do a GoPro video in the tank.
Fair enough.

OP
OP
atomic081

atomic081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before: I had my mixing Barrels here taking up precious space.
20181218_221334 (1).jpg

After: I swapped the Breeding system for the Mixing Barrels. I left one in the corner for my ATO. The breeding system was completely separate of the main system and was a huge pain. Now I am going to tie them all together and have the mixing station in my utility room.
20200923_122336.jpg

Another reason for this, is that my PH is steady at 7.8-8.0. I would love to get it up to 8.0-8.3. Right now the utility/furnace room and my fish room are connected. I'm considering putting a door between them.

I cant see that a Gas water heater and Gas furnace are helping my PH at all.

I might even bring in a air exchange for the room.

I already have my skimmer hooked up to outside and I've tried to use a PH scrubber with little to no results.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back