ATS Office Tank 700+ Gallon

JLowder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted to get into reef keeping so I'm jumping in with both feet. (Like them of hate them, you can thank the BRS 52 weeks of reefing for pushing me over the edge into the hobby.) Below is the start of my build for the conference room at my office. I'm doing a ReefSavvy 700+ gallon tank which is currently in production. We are an HVAC & Plumbing contractor, so I've cladded the fish room in stainless steel. Installed a linear floor drain at the door opening should anything go wrong. Also have a stand for the water tanks being fabricated in my shop that will also be in stainless. The tank will be flush with the opening for the conference room. Dimensions are 96"L x 36"W x 48" tall. Right now, I've got the Pukani soaking with an anticipated install date of Feb/March. I'll make sure to keep pictures coming as progress is made.

Mixing Station.jpg

Mixing station prior to the stainless steel stand which is currently in fabrication in my weld shop.

Tank Room Doors.jpg

Entry doors to the tank room.

Tank Room.jpg

The view when the double doors are open. Eventually the tank will go in the framed opening and the sheetrock cut out. (Yes, I know the electrical isn't exactly code compliant, or safe...) It's on a GFCI though...

Filtration.jpg

The RODI system and service sink. The other piping is the domestic how water system for the plumbing fixtures in my building.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome man!! Looking forward to your build! Same dimensions as my tank. Got ideas on lighting and filtration plans?

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d coat that stainless with something, if not all the exposure to salt air will make it rust. We tried stainless at the shop and within a few years it all started rusting. Look forward to following this build for sure!

Blue Tang Clan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does much water really travel back and forth between the two tubs? I've always been mystified as to how connected tanks work.

OP
OP
JLowder

JLowder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does much water really travel back and forth between the two tubs? I've always been mystified as to how connected tanks work.
If you look close there is a grey garden hose that is connected to a pump that moves a small amount of water. The 2” pipe is just the return.

OP
OP
JLowder

JLowder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the stand out of my weld shop. Full stainless steel. Being that I'm in earthquake country, I installed the tanks inside a sleeve so that I wouldn't have to bolt anything down. The last picture is of the stand installed in the room. I'll finish plumbing it tomorrow.
IMG_5230.jpg
IMG_5231.jpg
IMG_5232.jpg

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For being new to the hobby you sure are diving in like a pro! This is coming along great!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is epic!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back