Attaching shelving to outside panel of IM APS stand?

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to add some shelving to outside panel of my IM APS stand to hold some equipment and get it off the floor next to the tank. Is it easiest to use some plastic L-shaped shelving and attach it with a bunch of velcro? Really difficult to mount anything to these metal stands. Tried to velcro the powerbrick of one of the LED light bars to the side of the tank but the glue itself gets weak with the heat and falls off.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some black sheet metal self piloting screws. Even if you decide to remove shelves later on, just put the screws back in and they'll hardly be noticeable, especially if you measure and have even separation.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not for the outside of the stand, but here is what I’m doing for the inside. I need a vertical board for mounting a doser and a few other things inside the stand. I ordered a set of 4 extra cam locks from IM. I’m going to get a piece of starboard and screw 3D printed mounts to the board that will slip over the cam locks. Here is my sketch. Just wanted to share in case you need something for inside.

0FADC2BE-1C68-4774-8651-43CD64254BFA.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back