Attaching Vortech to WXM module problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

necco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Apex was one of the first to come out and is all black, correct me if I'm wrong but I think they call it classic? The WXM module is all black also. This Apex setup has seen many setups with different configurations.

Three weeks ago I got my hands on a used Radion XR15 G4 Pro, and attached it to my WXM. I read to take advantage of the full color channels that the G4 has to offer I needed a firmware update on my WXM. Everything went smoothly.

A couple of weeks later one of my two Mp10's went "missing". I searched for an answer to this and what I found was to delete the Vortech and re-attach it. I decided to delete both Vortech outlets and start from scratch. Now I can't for the life of me get the second Mp10 to create a new Vortech_X_X outlet. They both seem to be attached to the same one - the first one that was created. Both pumps are working off of the same Vortech outlet programming schedule? What am I missing?

All firmware is up to date, Apex, WXM, RF, WWD, Ecosmart, etc...

The normal procedure of clearing the pump's memory, then attaching it doesn't seem to create a new Vortech outlet even with a Hard memory reset on the pump. Tried multiple times with different variations with both pumps. I'm starting to think something is wrong with the firmware versions?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you 'clear' the old pump outlet from the WXM? Don't know that is the problem for sure, but might be worth trying.

OP
OP
necco

necco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue was never resolved

I had deleted every possible existence of the Vortech's on my Apex, and also attached the pumps one at a time plugged/un-plugged, etc.

I had given up and didn't feel with dealing with it anymore. Both pumps are on opposite sides of the tank. Although I can't create a wave, at least using a random flow profile like Reefcrest both pumps seem to randomize independently.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back