Attention to all NUVO FUSION 10 - I need help

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple months ago, I purchased a novo fusion 10 and I've been noticing a bunch of salt creep around all of the bottom sides.. How could water be reaching there?? Is there some sort of crack on the bottom that is slowly leaking?? The salt creep comes back every single day if not within 6 hours.. The glass isn't wet on the outside..

One month ago, I noticed a little puddle of water next to the tank on the table and I immediately drained it and checked the bottom but saw nothing.

Any experiences with this? Its only 10 gallons so I am ready to drain it and move the livestock if necessary.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple months ago, I purchased a novo fusion 10 and I've been noticing a bunch of salt creep around all of the bottom sides.. How could water be reaching there?? Is there some sort of crack on the bottom that is slowly leaking?? The salt creep comes back every single day if not within 6 hours.. The glass isn't wet on the outside..

One month ago, I noticed a little puddle of water next to the tank on the table and I immediately drained it and checked the bottom but saw nothing.

Any experiences with this? Its only 10 gallons so I am ready to drain it and move the livestock if necessary.
It could be seeping past the silicone, so you wouldn't be able to actually see it. Best bet would be to empty it, and check out the silicone seam around the bottom edge. If needed reseal the tank.

OP
OP
savetheocean

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be seeping past the silicone, so you wouldn't be able to actually see it. Best bet would be to empty it, and check out the silicone seam around the bottom edge. If needed reseal the tank.

Theres an equal amount of it on all four sides. If that were the case, wouldn't the water mainly go to one?

Im still going to empty it and check everything

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres an equal amount of it on all four sides. If that were the case, wouldn't the water mainly go to one?

Im still going to empty it and check everything
I'm thinking if the silicone became detached from the glass and is allowing water to creep through. So the seal may look big and thick, but if it's not adhered to the glass water will creep past.

OP
OP
savetheocean

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking if the silicone became detached from the glass and is allowing water to creep through. So the seal may look big and thick, but if it's not adhered to the glass water will creep past.

How will I see where it is? Is there something I should look for?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Itll be difficult, but what I would do is fill the tank about 1/4 to 1/2, just enough to make it leak, and put it on a large flat table and watch to see where the water pools. If you're able to narrow it down, you can then easily empty the tank and feel the seal to look for loose spots.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to ask, how old is the tank? Is this something that could be a warranty claim with innovative marine?

OP
OP
savetheocean

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar problem. Turns out that the clips that held the screen created a bridge for the water to slowly trickle out.
I actually took them off yesterday, ill wipe all the salt creep off and if it comes back Ill drain it..

Ronix137

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Taby explained, the clips that hold the screen can create a bridge for the water.

This can be fixed by drilling a small hole (about the diameter of a screwdriver) all the way through both sides of all the clip. Doing so will prevent the water bridge from forming and should stop the salt creep from forming.

EliteReefing1023

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? Hopefully still under warranty? That’s the first thing I would look into

TysTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Taby explained, the clips that hold the screen can create a bridge for the water.

This can be fixed by drilling a small hole (about the diameter of a screwdriver) all the way through both sides of all the clip. Doing so will prevent the water bridge from forming and should stop the salt creep from forming.

Going to third this. Happened on mine as well.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back