Attenuatus Flasher Wrasse... 1 Minute of Flashing VID on 1st Page!!!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow normally the hoodies are pretty calm..are they both about the same size??..but with him flashing the mccoskers he is just trying to fit in..the the hooded stays after him for days then i would be worried but sound like things should be ok..from what you seen it sounds like they are all trying to work things out..the colors of the attenuatus flashing is very sweet though...of course i am a sucker for flashers though i think more so than the fairys..but keep us up to date and can't wait for more vids and pics
yeah... I've owned 3-4 different Hooded's from before and they were all very calm... the Attenuatus is much smaller than the Hooded for sure... Attenuatus is only around 2"... Hooded is around 3"+... the smaller McKosker's is about the same size as the Attenuatus but when they both flash, the Attenuatus is bigger... ;)

I hope they are better today... I hope they have established the pecking order... :)

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pickup Marvin. I was very sad the day they came out that I was away from my computer 1smile1

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pickup Marvin. I was very sad the day they came out that I was away from my computer 1smile1
Thanks Mark... I hope more will get brought in so more people can enjoy them... truly an amazing flasher... :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I wasn't going to buy it, but I seriously clicked on the fish link in the email almost as soon as I got the email. And it said sold! :neutral:

Some people out there got some fast fingers!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't going to buy it, but I seriously clicked on the fish link in the email almost as soon as I got the email. And it said sold! :neutral:

Some people out there got some fast fingers!
yeah, same here... LoLz...

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay... here's Video # 1... please excuse the tank condition with the algae and all but the tank will be under construction this week... new sump to accommodate the CS-200 skimmer better, new scape to incorporate the pillars from gooch, etc... I'm also taking out the two McKosker's I've had since Aug of last year and giving the Hooded a 3-5 days time out to let the Attenuatus get acquainted with his new home... both of the McKosker's and the Hooded are giving the Attenuatus a hard time acclimating but he's eating every feeding time... he's only out when the PowerBrites are on... since I got the Attenuatus, I've only had one complete photoperiod day... but it's gonna change soon... :wink:

[youtube]ZKEqmMKG47E[/youtube]

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin - Removing the bullies will definitely help with the situation ;) Are you not waiting on some new wrasses as well? Maybe when you add the other wrasses back to the tank, add the new ones at the same time to ease with any aggression.

I still have a couple wrasses with a bit of attitude, but they got over it quick!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin - Removing the bullies will definitely help with the situation ;) Are you not waiting on some new wrasses as well? Maybe when you add the other wrasses back to the tank, add the new ones at the same time to ease with any aggression.

I still have a couple wrasses with a bit of attitude, but they got over it quick!
Thanks for the input Sara... new wrasses won't be here til next month... I have quite a project at hand in the next few weeks so that should keep me busy... I think after re arranging the rockwork a little, it should kinda confuse the wrasses and hopefully be less aggressive... and the new wrasses will be in the holding tank for at least 4-5 days... I've learned my lesson.... LoLz...

In the video is he flashing? Are his lines running down the side just that bright normally?
talking about the Attenuatus, correct? not the Hooded?... just making sure.. but no, the Attenuatus is not flashing in the vid... you should see him when he flashes... I've only seen glimpse of it with the PowerBrites on but man o man... he's awesome... his lines are way brighter than any flasher or fairy wrasse I've had or know of... his caudal fin is amazingly blue as well when he flares and esp when flash mode... truly an awesome fish that's why I don't mind letting go of the two McKosker's... :)

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that should help marvin with the aggression..it is very cool to see that guy flash..i agree that when flashing thier lines get very bright brighter than a mccosker or ones like that..hope all works out for you

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay... McKosker's out and Hooded on time out on the acclimation box... and my bro finished the new scaping last night... it looks pretty hottt IMHO... :wink: gotta clean up a few things before posting any pics but the Attenuatus is loving all the swimming space and the freedom to swim wherever he wants... LoLz...

how long do you guys think I should keep the Hooded in the acclimation box? I was thinking 3-5 days... I've never put a fish on time out before... haha...

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would say 5 days to a week..as long as he don't look too stressed out..i use to keep some in my fuge for a couple of weeks..glad he is enjoying the space..can't wait to see the new scaping

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would say 5 days to a week..as long as he don't look too stressed out..i use to keep some in my fuge for a couple of weeks..glad he is enjoying the space..can't wait to see the new scaping
how would you describe stress in the acclimation box... I find that wrasses are easily spooked already and the box is in the front glass... so when I'm in front of the tank or someone is in front of the tank, fishes in the box normally goes nuts but calm down after a few bouncing up and down... as long as they're eating, they're alright? this is my first time experience with the acclimation box...

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin - Can you put some live rock and some PVC elbows in the acclimation box with the wrasses so they can hide?

Also, if you completely re-aquascaped and changed up the tank, I would think a few days in time-out would be enough. I've only caught and completely removed my trouble maker wrasses, so that's my 2 cents on the topic.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin - Can you put some live rock and some PVC elbows in the acclimation box with the wrasses so they can hide?

Also, if you completely re-aquascaped and changed up the tank, I would think a few days in time-out would be enough. I've only caught and completely removed my trouble maker wrasses, so that's my 2 cents on the topic.
yeah, forgot to mention.. I did put a few elbows and another straight pipe in the box so the Hooded can hide if need be... I was also thinking that it would be less time on time out coz of the recent re-aquascape... the old aquascape and new aquascape don't have anything in common... LoLz...

Sara, after taking out the trouble wrasses, did you add any new ones? :wink: if so, did you use acclimation box?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back