Attenuatus Flasher Wrasse... 1 Minute of Flashing VID on 1st Page!!!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan,, I was determined to get him, I just lucked out. I'm sure there are more for the takeing.
He is doing much better this morning, I added a large pvc elbow last night to give him something to hide in, but he hasn't even gone in it.
He is out and swimming in the box this morning so my hopes are high.

013-16.jpg

014-13.jpg

015-10.jpg
sorry Brad... haven't been on in a while... had family gatherings going on... I'm glad he's doing better though... it always help to have the PVC's in there coz the box is right in front and in people walking in front of the tank are in full view... I'm guessing this freaks the new fish...

anyway, I hope it gets better from here... :)

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marvin. He has done great now and this morning I let him loose about 90 minutes before the lights came on. I took the top off but it was well over an hour before he decided to venture out into his new world. I took some morning shots of some of the other fish wakeing up and now I took some pix of him hanging with the big boys. All is Well. :haha:

013-17.jpg

006-23.jpg

005-23.jpg

014-14.jpg

021-9.jpg

023-8.jpg

028-9.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome Brad... now, you need to take some vids as well... :)

btw, mine has developed some dark areas on the top half of his body... I'm not sure if this is a sign of a terminal male but he sure looks meaner... but he's not... :wink:

still flashing about an hour before lights turn off and when the actinics are on... just plain coolio! :bigsmile:

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish!! Hopefully I can source one when the time comes for the new tank.

Brad- Looking good! Your wrasse collection is insane. I don't usually get jealous of what I see online but looking at those pics just made me feel inferior haha. JK Seriously though, all of your fishl look so fat and happy, well done!

Eternal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw, mine has developed some dark areas on the top half of his body... I'm not sure if this is a sign of a terminal male but he sure looks meaner...

Mine has done this as well, it is kind of weird. When the lights first come on he comes out and looks the way he did the day I got him. After about 10 minutes he changes to the darker color. Not sure what the deal is but it is weird.:neutral:

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see dark blotches forming on mine as well. I dont know if its the same, but I have often seen this happen to fairy wrasses also. Mainly in the red fairies. Example, here is a pick I just took of my tongan flame wrasse, and of the new flasher.

001-19.jpg

005-24.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool to see some more of these out there ;)
like the wink... so........... :wink:

Mine has done this as well, it is kind of weird. When the lights first come on he comes out and looks the way he did the day I got him. After about 10 minutes he changes to the darker color. Not sure what the deal is but it is weird.:neutral:
I think they look meaner... LoLz... :)

I can see dark blotches forming on mine as well. I dont know if its the same, but I have often seen this happen to fairy wrasses also. Mainly in the red fairies. Example, here is a pick I just took of my tongan flame wrasse, and of the new flasher.

001-19.jpg

005-24.jpg
very nice Brad... maybe they lose the black when stressed out and get it back after they settle in... maybe?!? :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my kids are doing well in the big tank. My tank was in a mess when Gary came to photograph, so there's not really any pics of them yet.
ah... maybe next time... I hope I don't run into the same problem when Gary stops by... :wink:

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah... maybe next time... I hope I don't run into the same problem when Gary stops by... :wink:

The tank is on the road to recovery, so hopefully soon I can get some pics.

Can't wait to see your slice of the ocean in May!

THE BEAUT

Luv Golf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The black is from the light, these fish are deep water wrasses if i recall right, its almost like they are getting a sun tan. it usually happens to Condes, Hooded and Tonga Flames. Maybe the Attenuatus is also a deepwater wrasse. Maybe i am wrong but i also had this experience with all my wrasses i had over the years.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The black is from the light, these fish are deep water wrasses if i recall right, its almost like they are getting a sun tan. it usually happens to Condes, Hooded and Tonga Flames. Maybe the Attenuatus is also a deepwater wrasse. Maybe i am wrong but i also had this experience with all my wrasses i had over the years.
might be a possibility... :)

thanks for input Marcel... :)

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if it is a light thing or not..i have not heard that before but not saying it can't be..but the condes is a shallow reef fairy so that should not be a problem with that one..but could be understood for the deepwater species....might be a mood thing as well..i sent a couple eamils out to a few experts on fairys and flashers to get thier input on this and i will let everyone know what i find out..by the way marvin..that fish looks great as well as the tank..looking good!!!

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they showed one in the sneek peek email, but I never saw it come on for sale.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back