Aussie Gild Torch Dying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

1Matthew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help! My Aussie gold torch seems to be receding and dying. I bought it around Sunday and ever since then it is still relatively closed. Also, it recently fell of a rock into the sand. We are also battling Cyanobacteria in the tank currently. The nitrates are also practically at 0. Everything else seems to be doing fine but that one torch. How do we get the nitrates up without buying new fish? Also can we save this torch?? Please Help!

OP
OP
1Matthew

1Matthew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights: 2 AI primes
Ammonia: 0
Ph: 8.2-8.4
Nitrate: 0
Calcium: 425
Alk: 8.1
Phosphates: .07
Mg:1340
These are old parameters but i believe they have stayed relatively the same
The corals we have are hammer, frogspawn, torches, zoas, candy cane, and acans. All of them are spread apart from each other and most of them are frags. The tanks has been running for about a year but we had an itch outbreak so we only have had coral for half of the time

AB Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you dip it in some Revive, have it on hand? Just in case its something bacterial

FishDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test again. Could be a swing as mentioned. Unless the light is inadequate its probably a para shift. Doubtful anything else. Usually unstable paras number one cause. Test daily and see where you are.

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I noticed with it for the first few weeks is it does not like to be touched, moved etc. Find a spot for it with low/med flow, low med/light and DO NOT move it. Also give yourself a little nitrate.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do aussie gold's like low light and flow? I was going to buy one in a few days, but since my sand bed is the only thing that meets this criteria, I'm gonna pass if that's the case. I've had torches dead center 1' from 150watt MH in the past and they grew too fast!

Back