• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aussie gold torch (Bubbythebull)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

jonnyruki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEWARE !!!!!!!!!

I normally don't post anything negative or any bad comments about any sellers on Reef2Reef. I respect all the sellers as they are in the same hobby as me. Only reason I'm posting this, I don't want another follow reefer to go through what I am going through right now. I've been buying stuff on reef2reef for the past 5 years with great experience from most of the sellers. The owner of this Thread "Bubbythebull" (David Chow) claims he's been selling stuff on reef2reef for long time, but his current profile was only created Sep 22, 2019. That's only 2 months ago. Last week replying to this thread as ya'll can clearly see I wanted to buy a Frag of Rasta Torch. David also have another thread with some other Torches for sale. after contacting Him I agreed to buy a Rasta torch, Aussie gold torch and a Iron man mushroom for total of $700. First he wanted me to send a deposit to hold the corals for me as I was not able to pay the whole amount upfront. I sent him$80 as friends and family on PayPal to avoid him the fees. His request was for me to send the funds as friends & family or add the 3% extra for him to avoid any PayPal fees. Rest of the funds was sent to him on 11/15/2019 through PayPal and I choose to pay 3% extra to cover his PayPal fees.

Just received my package yesterday with FedEx overnight shipping. the FedEx dropped my package at home around 10am. I was told there's a 2 Hour DOA policy. I couldn't make it home till 4pm due to my work. And I live in Naples Florida where the weather is still 76 degrees. When I opened the package it was still warm because he had a heat pack inside. Rasta Torch and the Iron man mushroom looked good, but more than half of the water was leaked out from the bag with the Aussie Gold Torch. All the polyps were completely dissolved, And the water inside the bag smells real bad as the coral was dead inside for few days. And There was like Brown Jelly looking stuff on all over the coral,

Contacted the seller right away, of course the seller won't take any blame for the dead live stock. It's all buyers fault because I didn't open the package within 2 hour window.
I went ahead an opened a dispute with PayPal where now I have to wait for like a month for a decision.

Here I am with a dead coral and a $500 loss

* Poor packaging
* Water leaked from the bag
* Coral was left in the bag without water
* BJD - Almost Look like the frag was suffering with Brown Jelly Diseases before shipping

But all that it's Buyers fault ????????????

I know it's a freaking long post, but I had to write it so another follow reefer won't get screwed like I did. If any of you have questions please feel free to PM me. I Have attached pictures as proof

59589276893__B631839B-C7D2-4F49-9834-7D55ED83F4B5.JPG 59589294593__E59065A7-6D87-44CF-AFE9-7732C3B4D7C2.JPG IMG_6900.jpg IMG_6902.jpg IMG_6903.jpg IMG_6904.jpg IMG_6905.jpg IMG_6915.jpg IMG_6916.jpg IMG_6921.jpg IMG_6922.jpg

Bubbythebull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off...here is the other side he hasn't mentioned!!!
*Packaged was delivered 9am
*He admitted to opening it 8hrs later at 5pm
*He claims poor packaging but I have pics of it triple bagged. Also his photos clearly show plenty of water in the bags, even if some did actually leak out.
*He doesn't want to acknowledge the 2hr standard DOA policy. He never responded with any acknowledgement or photos till I Inquired later that afternoon.
*He claims that corals can easily survive 3 days of shipping and that my packaging was to blame, not that he opened the box 8 hrs later In The dead of winter
*He still has not provided any clear photos of the corals being dead.i sent him three frags. He only shows one photo of the torch rescinded in the skeleton (what torches do when they are out of water or stressed) so no photo of the skeleton bare, or any photos of the other frags I sent him.
*He got back his money because he filed three claims against me immediately thru PayPal.

I have attached all the proof, you guys be the judge....I lost over 700$, Rasta torch, gold torch, and mushroom, to a guy that doesn't believe that the standard to ship corals is overnight, doesn't abide by the doa policy, and fails to show me clear proof of anything dead. SELLERS/BUYERS BEWARE!!!
2019-11-20_11.20.55.jpg
2019-11-20_11.19.58.jpg
2019-11-20_11.18.06.jpg
2019-11-20_11.17.00.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back