• Other (please explain)

Votes: 25 5.3%

• Total voters

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My setup, pretty simple, redundant and safe.

RODI / Solenoid switch / booster pump are all on a timer, set for 1 hour / day, that automatically fills all of my reservoirs which have float switches installed. The RODI has a pressurized auto off system, that turns the booster pump and solenoid that feeds water to the RODI off, when it receives back pressure from all of the float switches.

Water from the reservoirs is replenished either by gravity or aqua lifter pumps, all mounted within a few feet of their respective aquarium.

This system has worked flawlessly for 4 years. Best part is, there is flood prevention redundancy. If a float switch or the back pressure system happens to fail, the water is never on for more that one hour / day.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reef genesis system.
It automatically makes rodi water when my 50 gal barrel is low, tops off (ATO) my sump when needed and automatically changes x amount of gal on saltwater (you set how many gal per day)
Never over flowed or caused any issues.

Tons of failsafe and solid product. Using it for 15 yrs now

AdamD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reef genesis system.
It automatically makes rodi water when my 50 gal barrel is low, tops off (ATO) my sump when needed and automatically changes x amount of gal on saltwater (you set how many gal per day)
Never over flowed or caused any issues.

Tons of failsafe and solid product. Using it for 15 yrs now
From website :

We regret to inform you​

that Genesis Reef Systems has decided to cease operations and close down business. We sincerely thank all of our customers for their loyalty and support over the years for our products and accessories.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From website :

We regret to inform you​

that Genesis Reef Systems has decided to cease operations and close down business. We sincerely thank all of our customers for their loyalty and support over the years for our products and accessories.
Yes unfortunately they did go out of business and primarily due to price and way ahead of their time. I know the owner who is a great guy and I wish him the best.
Unit was $1000, 15 yrs ago. Back then hobbyist didn't even wanna spent more than $200-300 on any product. Today is a different story.

AdamD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes unfortunately they did go out of business and primarily due to price and way ahead of their time. I know the owner who is a great guy and I wish him the best.
Unit was $1000, 15 yrs ago. Back then hobbyist didn't even wanna spent more than $200-300 on any product. Today is a different story.
Your post sounded good so i went to check them out. Too bad, looks like they had good stuff.

rpetorella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 1st rodi controller was a spectrapure dual float relay with an rodi solenoid. Have since changed ro and rodi bins to hi/lo horizontal floats off a breakout box on the apex...running apex solenoids.Rodi for reef and planted top off,ro for planted auto change. Bins have emergency overflows plumbed to drain. So far only issues are the siphon breaks for top off clogging...(Ive always ran floats in the sump for this reason)I now clean them when changing the di resin or when making salt. Second is the solenoids tend to drip when they are wearing out....working on a drip tray plumbed to the drain for the rodi system. Currently running 3 different ato's... Apex on Reef display, AutoAqua on frag, Tunze on my wife's planted.

Back