Auto shut off valve help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ElectrumGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have this RODI system:

I do have the DI filter on it as well.

I have this auto shut off valve:

I can't for the life of me figure out what the proper configuration so the waste line shuts off when the RODI resevoir is full. Has anyone implemented this, and are they willing to show me a picture of how they have it setup?

OP
OP
E

ElectrumGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RODI system:

AQUATICLIFE Aquatic Life RO Buddie Plus DI Four Stage Reverse Osmosis Deionization Unit 50 GPD​

Auto shut off valve:

APEC Water Systems Auto Shut Off Valve Replacement Part (ASO)​

Frozen Tundra Reef Dreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the directions are wrong. mine kept pumping water down drain even after my float valve turned it off

In amazon reviews is where i learned this. its on like page 3 of the reviews

I'm not a professional at RO Float Valve Kits by no means. But using the instructions that came with it, the shut off valve would only shut off the purified water line, and not at all the waste water line. Then I said to myself, this is dumb why would anyone want one. Well the prob lays in the wrong instructions. For some reason they have you run the supply water and the filtered water through the pressure sensitive solenoid. Which isnt correct. Should be the Filtered water, and the waste water line. 2 stars cause if I didn't watch 2 videos online I would have tossed it thinking it was defective, or just plain doesn't work, but does work if connected right. Took a picture.
Customer image

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would want to add the check valve in addition to the ASO. That will prevent the water returning back into the RO unit.

Both ways can work. It seems to depend on the water supply pressure to the RO unit.

Turning off the supply with the ASO is nice as it will keep the pressure off the RO unit. This would require around 66% of the pressure on the filtered line to turn off the supply. If its not able to do that you can turn off the waste.

Turning off the waste and the filtered with the ASO, keeps the RO under constant house pressure. Not usually a problem but I like removing the RO from constant pressure if possible as my first choice.

Frozen Tundra Reef Dreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would want to add the check valve in addition to the ASO. That will prevent the water returning back into the RO unit.

Both ways can work. It seems to depend on the water supply pressure to the RO unit.

Turning off the supply with the ASO is nice as it will keep the pressure off the RO unit. This would require around 66% of the pressure on the filtered line to turn off the supply. If its not able to do that you can turn off the waste.

Turning off the waste and the filtered with the ASO, keeps the RO under constant house pressure. Not usually a problem but I like removing the RO from constant pressure if possible as my first choice.
just noticed mine still drains to waste after float valves shut off. this is using the kit. how do i hook it up to no water is wasted after reservoir is full and float valve turns it off?

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometime if the float is not completely turned off it will not create the pressure needed to turn the ASO off. Two things to try, angle the float down more to turn off quicker.

Or if you plumb the waste through the ASO instead of the supply it may turn off quicker.

The video link above from Kazumi is a good one to follow for using the waste water line instead of the supply water line.

Back